GeekSpy Forums Not Really...
 * F.A.Q.  * Memberlist  * Search
Search found 21 matches
Page : Forum Search
Go to : 

Forum: The Lobby - Misc Discussion   Topic: What Country Are You In at the Moment?

Posted: Oct 12, 12 - 6:54 PM 

Replies: 80
Views: 9272

I had an Aussie housemate for a year at uni, who moved over here in September then spent the next six months complaining about the weather I seem to recall a cousin of mine from Australia staying with us years ago and was amazed by how green the country was...so it wasn't long before she found out ...

Forum: The Lobby - Misc Discussion   Topic: Are you a Hot Slut?

Post subject: Re: Are you a Hot Slut?
Posted: Oct 12, 12 - 6:45 PM 

Replies: 49
Views: 6130

My wife and I are galloping towards our 10-year anniversary so clearly my number is going to be looking a bit pathetic. But I'm OK with that because I'm really happy with her. I'd have been perfectly happy if she'd been the first.

Forum: The Lobby - Misc Discussion   Topic: Friday Night Drinks

Post subject: Re: Friday Night Drinks
Posted: Oct 12, 12 - 6:39 PM 

Replies: 133
Views: 22598

In Reply To #86

It makes me so angry that I can spit acid. So, at least a career in show business could be on the cards...

Forum: The Lobby - Misc Discussion   Topic: TV and Stuff

Post subject: Re: TV and Stuff
Posted: Oct 12, 12 - 6:37 PM 

Replies: 33
Views: 3835

We tend to watch a lot of crime dramas/procedural stuff so the current favourites is stuff like the following: Castle Rookie Blue New Tricks (with Wedge from Star Wars, apparently) NCIS + LA The Finder (no more Michael Clark Duncan...sniff) Body Of Evidence However, I confess that the same sort of t...

Forum: The Lobby - Misc Discussion   Topic: Friday Night Drinks

Post subject: Re: Friday Night Drinks
Posted: Oct 12, 12 - 6:23 PM 

Replies: 133
Views: 22598

This week I have mostly been annoyed at my company. Having raised the issue of a lack of formal training for my job role (since some initially high-quality training was arranged in the US in the first year or so) in every company review for about a decade I am now being threatened with a reduced Per...

Forum: The Lobby - Misc Discussion   Topic: 1337 5p34k

Post subject: Re: 1337 5p34k
Posted: Oct 12, 12 - 6:12 PM 

Replies: 14
Views: 1874

Don't get me started on text speak...

Forum: The Lobby - Misc Discussion   Topic: "Where are you now?" - Former [GSF] lovers

Posted: Sep 27, 12 - 10:42 PM 

Replies: 251
Views: 33030

In Reply To #73 Ah, I remember painting my first Space Marine force. I'd gone for the Space Wolves chapter that, to me, looked as though they were silver coloured in the old Rogue Trader rule book. So I painted then silver. Then I tried to highlight them using the drybrushing technique, which I clea...

Forum: Gaming Discussion   Topic: What is the longest you've played any game?

Posted: Sep 27, 12 - 10:06 PM 

Replies: 63
Views: 14150

In Reply To #40

I thought he was looking a bit shifty.

Forum: The Lobby - Misc Discussion   Topic: "Where are you now?" - Former [GSF] lovers

Posted: Sep 27, 12 - 10:04 PM 

Replies: 251
Views: 33030

In Reply To #71

I used to like the Buy 2, Get 1 Free offers on blister packs when they opened new stores. I remember buying a decent sized Eldar army with one of those for about £100. These days that would only buy a couple of units.

Forum: The Lobby - Misc Discussion   Topic: I quit smoking, so I want to start a fight!

Posted: Sep 27, 12 - 10:02 PM 

Replies: 40
Views: 4228

In Reply To #24

So, what do we do with that little bastard that keeps plugging the holes in the dyke with his finger?

...I'm ashamed to say that can be taken an entirely different way...

Forum: The Lobby - Misc Discussion   Topic: The one thing Facebook does kinda well

Posted: Sep 27, 12 - 9:59 PM 

Replies: 38
Views: 3954

In Reply To #20

Ah, I remember Prague. 20p a pint when I was there. Good times...

Forum: The Lobby - Misc Discussion   Topic: The one thing Facebook does kinda well

Posted: Sep 27, 12 - 9:56 PM 

In Reply To #19

Bloody hell, you sound almost sociably acceptable. I thought that was impossible to achieve with Australians.

Forum: Gaming Discussion   Topic: What is the longest you've played any game?

Posted: Sep 27, 12 - 7:44 PM 

Replies: 63
Views: 14150

Probably WoW, which I played for a couple of years, on and off. Generally, however, games just don't hold my attention like they used to. I do need to go back to Diablo 3 and actually finish the game, at least on pleb level, to see what happened. Normally I'm more interested in the plot than actuall...

Posted: Sep 27, 12 - 7:40 PM 

In Reply To #17 Well, there's a lot of variety out there so you never know what might float your boat. Tastes change - I used to hate ale but I much prefer that now over lager, which only goes to prove that I'm turning into my dad. Still, if you've discovered wine then that's probably good enough. I...

Forum: The Lobby - Misc Discussion   Topic: I quit smoking, so I want to start a fight!

Posted: Sep 27, 12 - 7:34 PM 

Replies: 40
Views: 4228

I don't believe in god but I equally don't rule it out entirely. If the big man (or woman, or whatever - I don't see it being the same thing as the pictures, however) wants to put in an appearance then I might believe that. However, what I strongly detest are organised religions and the way in which...
Sort by:  

© 2012-2023 GeekSpy Forums.