GeekSpy Forums Not Really...
 * F.A.Q.  * Memberlist  * Search
Search found 63 matches
Page : Forum Search
Go to : 

Forum: The Lobby - Misc Discussion   Topic: Goodbye, And Thank You From The GeekSpy Team

Posted: Apr 19, 23 - 10:46 AM 

Replies: 22
Views: 397

Thanks for hosting this place all these years. I too have become an old fart who misses the old days of the internet. When everything was exciting and new, and nobody had heard of "the algorithm". We decided ourselves what we wanted to see. And while discussions could get heated (just as r...

Forum: The Lobby - Misc Discussion   Topic: Anyone still passing through here...?

Posted: Sep 24, 20 - 1:52 AM 

Replies: 12
Views: 5704

I'm pretty sure we're all bored.

At least, I'm bored enough to decide to look up this place ;)

Forum: The Lobby - Misc Discussion   Topic: Goodbye... FOREVER!

Post subject: Re: Goodbye... FOREVER!
Posted: May 16, 15 - 8:25 PM 

Replies: 13
Views: 6429

In Reply To #7 I also stop by every once in a while :) Usually when I'm a bit bored and start refreshing the same couple of pages over and over again in the hopes that one of them suddenly has some interesting update. It's strange. Normally the internet is too big and active for me to possibly keep ...

Forum: The Lobby - Misc Discussion   Topic: Whoops I accidentally clicked the link for this page.

Posted: Sep 12, 14 - 11:49 PM 

Replies: 6
Views: 3314

Doing fine :)

Forum: The Lobby - Misc Discussion   Topic: I have been out of work for a month.

Posted: Jun 14, 14 - 11:57 PM 

Replies: 20
Views: 8223

Good to hear! Congrats!

Forum: Gaming Discussion   Topic: To get the ball rolling, what are you playing right now?

Posted: Sep 30, 13 - 7:38 PM 

Replies: 396
Views: 72505

Dead Space 3. Good game. I'm a big fan of the previous installments and feel that this is a worthy successor and tells a story that needed to be told. Still, it's hardly perfect. For one thing, it's no survival horror. In fact, it's hardly scary. That's too bad. It could've been brilliant. Instead, ...

Forum: Gaming Discussion   Topic: To get the ball rolling, what are you playing right now?

Posted: Sep 6, 13 - 9:32 PM 

You know what? Rage is actually quite addictive. Honestly didn't expect it to be this good. It really is a solid shooter with some fun extras, like the driving parts. In many games having to drive to every new mission quickly becomes a chore, but here I actually enjoy these trips. The only real prob...

Posted: Sep 2, 13 - 7:02 PM 

Final verdict for The Last of Us: awesome. While it's not perfect, if you have a PS3, you should definitely get it. It's worth it. Next up: Rage. First impressions: John Carmack wanted to portray a post-apocalyptic world in order to show off his new game engine. I'm not sure how to describe the stor...

Forum: The Lobby - Misc Discussion   Topic: The new Batman

Post subject: Re: The new Batman
Posted: Aug 24, 13 - 6:55 PM 

Replies: 7
Views: 3881

Affleck as Batman? Not sure about that. Affleck as Bruce Wayne, the billionaire playboy? Sure, that works just fine for me. I feel that Ben Affleck's performances are generally closely tied to the quality of the script. Where somebody like Christian Bale can make up for a poorly written script, Ben ...

Posted: Aug 15, 13 - 8:08 PM 

I'm a bit further into the Last of Us now and am coming around a bit. The stealth is still broken (it actually got even easier; I've got a bow now, which kills silently and has retrievable arrows), but the atmosphere is just absolutely fantastic.

Posted: Aug 12, 13 - 8:25 PM 

I'm playing through The Last of Us. I must admit that so far, I'm not impressed. Sure, it's good. It's very pretty and the gameplay is solid overall, but it's nothing like the epic "OMG BEST GAME EVAARR" type of experience most people seem to have had. Also, there's the stealth gameplay. I...

Forum: The Lobby - Misc Discussion   Topic: Bucket Lists

Post subject: Re: Bucket Lists
Posted: Jul 5, 13 - 8:00 PM 

Replies: 29
Views: 12559

In Reply To #22

Isn't that MORE reason to eat them? ;)

Forum: The Lobby - Misc Discussion   Topic: ICQ...

Post subject: Re: ICQ...
Posted: Jul 5, 13 - 7:59 PM 

Replies: 21
Views: 10410

I never had too much trouble with WinMe. Sure, it crashed every once in a while, but every OS did that back then.

Of all the Windows versions, I've probably installed XP the most, especially the first few years. Windows Vista/7/8 I've never reinstalled.

Forum: The Lobby - Misc Discussion   Topic: My Review of Italy

Post subject: Re: My Review of Italy
Posted: Jul 5, 13 - 7:54 PM 

Replies: 5
Views: 3484

You'd think that the hotter a place gets, the cleaner you'd keep it. Personally, I take out the garbage a lot more often in summer, as it gets smelly otherwise and taking it out is less annoying when the weather's good. For some reason though, it seems that here in Europe, the exact opposite is true...

Forum: The Lobby - Misc Discussion   Topic: ICQ...

Post subject: Re: ICQ...
Posted: Jul 1, 13 - 6:15 PM 

Replies: 21
Views: 10410

In Reply To #9

Just remembered my password. IM isn't really my thing anymore, but I have to say, their Windows 8 app doesn't seem half bad.
Sort by:  

© 2012-2023 GeekSpy Forums.