GeekSpy Forums | Gaming Discussion | Just Finished... Not Really...
 * F.A.Q.  * Memberlist  * Search
Just Finished...
Rating:
Topic by: Chiquita
Posted: Nov 25, 12 - 7:32 PM
Last Reply: Dec 18, 12 - 2:05 AM
Go to : 
Page:
Author Just Finished...

Covert Agent
Dragon Age Origins. Started playing this when it came out, before I was even dating the character art lead, but fun game! Xbox version was buggy as all fuck but it didn't take away from my enjoyment.

You?

He Leg
I will admit that, having bought this game not long after it came out, and paying full price, I couldn't get in to it. I expect nobody here to agree with me, but I couldn't find enjoyment out of it's combat system, and I lost patience.

I won't say its a bad game. I can only say it's not the type of RPG for me. I am a hack'n'slash whore.

*lowers head in shame*

Unimaginative Pseudonym
When I initially played it I couldn't get into the combat system at all - it felt way too old school (especially after Mass Effect); I wanted something more than a 'wind them up and watch them go' game.

My initial enjoyment wasn't helped by choosing the human noble origin first - which is easily the most clichéd and hackneyed of the bunch ("HI! I'm Duke Evil!") - further reinforcing my impression that the game had quantum leaped from 1994.

But after a few months I returned to it, with lowered expectations, and massively got into the game, enjoying it to the tune of lots of hours and all of the DLC.

So I think it partly depends on what you enter into the game expecting.

(then again, I also quite liked Dragon Age II (although the repetitive dungeons were disappointing), which everyone else on the internet hated with a fiery passion...)

Ludo Ergo Sum

Just Beat Coyote (off)
In Reply To #3

But did you know that the game was developed in only a year for EA reasons. Pity the time frame was so low, but considering this...man! Well done I think. At the same time though, yeh, I know what you mean.

I just started playing Origins last night.

Unimaginative Pseudonym
In Reply To #4

Oh yeah, I could totally tell the dungeon stuff in DA2 was a time-saving issue; it wasn't game breaking, just disappointing.

I still enjoyed the story (and the combat, while not outstanding, was pretty & at least felt like it had moved on a bit from early 90s RPGs).

Then again, I just finished ME3 and had to go googling to find out why people were crying about the ending, because I thought it was fine (then again, I'm a sucker for nihilism - and I thought the whole series was building to that anyway)

Edit: Then again, I need a fucking thesaurus. Fucking hell, Dave, say 'then again' a few more times, you boring twat.

Ludo Ergo Sum

The Man With The Golden LOLDONG
Love Dragon Age (and sequel). Three playthroughs (and all origin stories), all DLC and expansion. Played the living shit out of both and can't wait for part 3. As for just finished, Assassin's Creed III. I'm a redcoat killing motherfucker, motherfucker.

Just Beat Coyote (off)
In Reply To #6

Motherfucker...

Also hanging out for DA3

Unimaginative Pseudonym
In Reply To #6

Murdering your ancestors, and just after Thanksgiving as well... tsk tsk tsk.

No gratitude, you colonials, that's your trouble. We ask you to pay a teensy little bit of tax and you get all uppity.

Ludo Ergo Sum

Why Did I Do That?
I literally just got this game yesterday. Steam had the Ultimate Edition on sale for $9(Picked up DX:HR+DLC for about that same price too).

Only played it for a few hours so far...the blood seems rather comical, almost like Sam Raimi is directing the combat. I kill a few rats and everyone is splattered in blood, I really should have just named my character Ash. Kinda feels like they were thinking about contending with Mortal Kombat but couldn't quite commit themselves all the way.

Interestingly it runs much better than KOTOR II on my machine(I love you Obsidian/Original Black Isle...but please make a game work for once). It does make my CPU run rather hot however.

Paleo Wannabe
I had a lot of fun with DA:O. Played thru it a couple of times. DA II was a smoother, faster version of it, but it was a bit watered down. Cool story tho. Still enjoyed it a ton as well. Can't wait to hear more about III.

Covert Agent
Considering Shane will be on crunch pretty much staring next week until the game comes out, which coincides with my pregnancy, I can't wait for 3 to come out as well!

This weekend I want to finish the last Zelda. Hate the controls sometimes but it's still fun.

The Man With The Golden LOLDONG
In Reply To #8

'MURICA!

Covert Agent
In Reply To #1
I have 60 hours into Dragon Age: Origins steam tells me. No idea how far into it I am but I really. really. really. should finish it.

Same with the Mass Effect series. I beat Mass Effect 1 in a marathon session less than a year ago-- loved it. Haven't tried 2 or 3. I heard 2 is just non-stop orgasms, and I own it, but I just need to sit down and do it.

Covert Agent
Holliday wrote:
In Reply To #1
I have 60 hours into Dragon Age: Origins steam tells me. No idea how far into it I am but I really. really. really. should finish it.

Same with the Mass Effect series. I beat Mass Effect 1 in a marathon session less than a year ago-- loved it. Haven't tried 2 or 3. I heard 2 is just non-stop orgasms, and I own it, but I just need to sit down and do it.

That's the biggest problem with their games, IMO, is the time committement. DA2 was more my speed because it didn't require me to quit my job, put the dogs down and tell my friends I'd died. Oblivion did that to me too.

Just Beat Coyote (off)
In Reply To #13

I'm willing to state that the ending of ME2 may just have the most epic lead up and ending of all time.
Just say'n...
You *really* should play it.

Just Finished...
Rating:
Topic by: Chiquita
Posted: Nov 25, 12 - 7:32 PM
Last Reply: Dec 18, 12 - 2:05 AM
Go to : 
Page:
 Moderators  Permissions  Tools
Moderated by Cyrris You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum