GeekSpy Forums | The Lobby - Misc Discussion | This Is So Not Waffles... Not Really...
 * F.A.Q.  * Memberlist  * Search
This Is So Not Waffles...
Rating:
Topic by: TheeGoatPig
Posted: Jan 18, 13 - 4:38 AM
Last Reply: Jan 25, 13 - 8:05 AM
Go to : 
Page:
Author This Is So Not Waffles...

Unimaginative Pseudonym
+1 to Sheps and Chris (which is +3 to DarkFlow, unless we start counting exponentially... never mind).

TheeGoatPig wrote:
I still feel like I am being punished

That attitude might be part of it. You might well have done nothing wrong - you were nice, she liked you enough to agree to go on a date.

But she is allowed to change her mind.

Which means that you either didn't make yourself so fucking awesome that she didn't want to change her mind, or you didn't pick a girl who was so interested in you that she didn't want to.

(or, something important came up - she's been abducted by Iranian terrorists or something - and there's fuck all you can do about it, because other people have lives too)

It's not a punishment if a woman decides not to go out with you.

Quote:
I am going with the opinion that my biggest problem right now is that there aren't enough single women in this area for me to pick from.

Unless you live in the middle of nowhere, that's not the problem (and even if you do live in a shack in the woods, you've got an internet connection anyway...)

What you don't have is enough single women, who are interested in you, in the places that you go to look for women.

Generally it seems you're looking for women who work in the places where you go already - like a garage, or a restaurant. That's fine - but if they're the only women you talk to, then yeah - you're going to very quickly run into a dearth of available ladies.

Which brings us back to DarkFlow's very reasonable 'do some interesting stuff' advice. Almost any hobby or challenge you take up will involve going to places and meeting people. More importantly, it'll involve meeting new people in different contexts.

-

It boils down to this:

You can look for reasons that aren't you - like there being a shortage of single women in your immediate vicinity.

Which, even if it is true, is something you can realistically do fuck all about.

Or you can look at small things you can change about yourself, which is something you can totally do. I'm not talking drastic personality changes here, or deleting the person you are - but doing things you've always wanted to do, or getting rid of clothes you wish you didn't wear any more (but somehow still do) - again DarkFlow's suggestions are all pretty cool.

Ludo Ergo Sum

Covert Agent
Soylent Dave wrote:
But she is allowed to change her mind.

Read the first post. That happened already. I don't mind so much when they tell me they changed their mind, and at least answer the phone when I call.

And I have thought that maybe something happened while on her trip with her parents. I'm pretty sure she said it was Cancun Mexico, which isn't exactly the safest place ever.

Also, I go to a gym with plenty of women at it (whcih is where I was when I asked her out). Most of the women there that look around my age wear wedding rings. The few that don't look at me like I have three heads.

And fuck you all for trying to give me advice and sucking me into this cicrclejerk again.

Low Level Operative

Ron Burgandy image fail...

Covert Agent
Stop trying so hard to get a girl and just live your life. Start doing the fun stuff you've always wanted to do now. But keep trying to better yourself and that means leaving the pitty party. One of the things that's attracted me to Sunny Muffins is his drive to keep being better, and when he's being a woe-is-me pussy I could just about kill him and grind him into dog food.

This Is So Not Waffles...
Rating:
Topic by: TheeGoatPig
Posted: Jan 18, 13 - 4:38 AM
Last Reply: Jan 25, 13 - 8:05 AM
Go to : 
Page:
 Moderators  Permissions  Tools
Moderated by Cyrris You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum