GeekSpy Forums | The Lobby - Misc Discussion | Gimme a status update while you moonwalk out the door Not Really...
 * F.A.Q.  * Memberlist  * Search
Gimme a status update while you moonwalk out the door
Rating:
Topic by: The Taco Prophet
Posted: Apr 19, 23 - 7:01 PM
Last Reply: May 11, 23 - 2:15 AM
Go to : 
Page:
Author Gimme a status update while you moonwalk out the door

Low Level Operative
parena wrote:
I just like the way it looks and anyone who doesn't like it, can go eff themselves. (it's interesting how strongly I felt about that)

It's an adornment we've arbitrarily decided is feminine. That designation is silly. I'm glad you like it and are happy and are comfortable enough to share.

Low Level Operative
Cyrris wrote:
The Taco Prophet wrote:
meh on Hot Fuzz.

Screw you, your ketchup, your mac, and your cheese.

It's not like it's my fault. I would have liked the movie if it was, you know, good.

Recruit
Cyrris wrote:
In Reply To #13

Still can't believe the level of luck we had with that coinkydink, meeting in Prague. If I had switched off my laptop 30 mins earlier before we walked out the door, it wouldn't have happened.

Uhuh, it made me a very happy chappy. :) Looking at a pic of the 4 of us. Damn, I'm tall! And my better half always the shortest. :happy:

Oh, speaking of which: as I mentioned, I'm doing a complete career change, but am not working. So that means I have plenty of time on my hands so here's a shameless plug. My wife and a friend of hers have started a K-pop reaction channel on YouTube and I edit their videos. In case you want to have a giggle: https://www.youtube.com/@finnishfriendsreact (look for the ones with more than a couple dozen views, I guess). Her friend is the K-pop fan. :veryhappy:

Recruit
The Taco Prophet wrote:
Cyrris wrote:
The Taco Prophet wrote:
meh on Hot Fuzz.

Screw you, your ketchup, your mac, and your cheese.

It's not like it's my fault. I would have liked the movie if it was, you know, good.

I never saw Hot Fuzz, but I'm inclined to go with Cyrris on this one. That's solely based on your opinion of The Goonies, so I'm confident Hot Fuzz is good.

On another note:

The Taco Prophet wrote:
It's an adornment we've arbitrarily decided is feminine. That designation is silly. I'm glad you like it and are happy and are comfortable enough to share.

<3
Cyrris said I just look like I went to ancient Egypt. :veryhappy: Just call me King Par?...

Covert Agent
In Reply To #1
The Taco Prophet wrote:
There's about 65 pounds less of me crossing the finish line these days.

:surprised: GOOD STUFF!

In Reply To #13
parena wrote:
She said "I guess we're going shopping for you tomorrow."

Man, this whole story is full of win - but that in particular is just wholesome AF. Supportive partner, love to see it!

So... me?

Forumer: Cereal Samurai
Name: Damian Jackson
Email: damjac84 at the gmail the gmail what what the gmail

I got married to the love of my life in December! We bought a house together a month earlier, that was fun! Not at all a stupid decision to do those two huge things so close to each other! At least we hired the absolute worst movers that have ever existed! Ha HA! We have a cozy existence with our three cats and small doggo (one of the cats was hers when we met, two adopted together), trying for the pitter-patter of other little feet currently.

Was in QA for several years, something that I kind of fell into out of longevity at a company instead of actual interest. Then it turned into a job that I could coast at WAY too easily, so I was getting paid to listen to music and reddit. I coasted for long enough that I got long service, so I stuck around until the entire department was made redundant. The timing of that was almost perfect...

I was one year into a pretty dedicated health kick when we got the news that the team would be made redundant. They called us into a room and said we'd wrap up in six months time... I had reached my initial weight loss goal, and was ready to put myself out there - see the world! The news that we had six months left in our roles was given to us at the start of January 2020 :blank: our last day would be July 2020. We transitioned to working from home for the last few months, which, man... I was coasting BEFORE - I wasn't even trying for that final stretch.

My plan to take a couple of years off and see the world turned into taking a couple of years off and... not seeing the world. But it worked out great! Lockdown gave me a handy excuse to not go out to restaurants or pubs with mates, and make my health my focus instead. And I met my partner, Molly, in the gap between lockdowns - so we got to spend a lot of time together without any outside distractions, and it really cemented that we had something special in quick order. Three years after deciding I needed to get healthy, I had reached my main goal, and posted this to celebrate:

https://www.reddit.com/r/progresspics/c ... _years_to/

When it came time to get back into the workforce, I felt a real need to help people directly - much more than QA ever felt like it achieved. Molly was very supportive about me taking a minor step back to return to general IT support, though big picture it turned out moving from QA in a cutthroat FinTech business to IT support in a Uni was more of a lateral move than I thought it was - the pay is actually a bit better for the work I do than QA ever was, had I actually been busy.

Oh! I'm also addicted to getting tattoos now. I had zero when I met Molly, now I have nine :veryhappy:

Recruit
Cereal Samurai wrote:

In the words of House Party Frank: hoooly shit, dude! What a way to come out of 2020-2022! That's amazing, well done and congrats on both the life changes and the love finding. Wow...

I will now go and pick up my jaw from the floor...

Covert Agent
In Reply To #21

Thanks, King Par! :veryhappy:

He Leg
In Reply To #20

Holy moly, that's quite the transformation.

Job, girl, house, health. What a winning streak! You won't win the other thread of course, but you might just win this one.

Covert Agent
In Reply To #23

Ha! I'll take it!

Gimme a status update while you moonwalk out the door
Rating:
Topic by: The Taco Prophet
Posted: Apr 19, 23 - 7:01 PM
Last Reply: May 11, 23 - 2:15 AM
Go to : 
Page:
 Moderators  Permissions  Tools
Moderated by Cyrris You cannot post new topics in this forum