GeekSpy Forums | The Lobby - Misc Discussion | April Fools' Day Not Really...
 * F.A.Q.  * Memberlist  * Search
April Fools' Day
Rating:
Topic by: DarkFlow
Posted: Mar 31, 13 - 11:46 PM
Last Reply: Apr 8, 13 - 11:12 AM
Go to : 
Page:
Author April Fools' Day

Low Level Operative
It's that day again. The day the internet goes crazy. Since everybody here sees a different part of the internet, I suggest we use this topic to collect this year's best jokes.

To start with, I love this video about Google shutting down YouTube: http://youtu.be/H542nLTTbu0

Paleo Wannabe
Also from Google: Treasure Maps

Low Level Operative
After their extensive experience with microwave radio technology, Nokia has decided to introduce a microwave oven.

He Leg
In Reply To #3

That actually looks kinda interesting. I could see something like that being sold in IKEA.

He Leg
Google's Nose Beta is also looking pretty good.

Paleo Wannabe
News from the kitchen: René Redzepi to open a pop-up in Manchester

And this:

Plus, the Guardian's web recap

Low Level Operative
Holland's leading technology website has joined up with Holland's leading horse riding forum and created a new dating site.

After all, both communities have a lot in common. They are both filled with people passionate about their hobby and dominated by a single (and opposite) gender, making it nigh impossible to find a partner within the community. Brilliant idea, really :)

Covert Agent
Seen on a couple social media places now Scope advertising new bacon–flavored mouthwash

He Leg
Just in on Slashdot: Linus Torvalds to Head Windows 9 Project.

I prefer it when they don't make it so obvious. I like being fooled once in a while. However I did like the added "Read below for your FREE logged-in-user's-eye view of the unencrypted version!" link from the front page.

Paleo Wannabe
In Reply To #9

The dumb folks at a paper tweeted that Twitter was going to charge for the service, and that the free version wouldn't allow for the use of vowels. They ruined it by being so obvious, and secondly by adding an April Fools tag. Idiots.

Paleo Wannabe
Super super Street Fighter!

Trainee
A joke about a joke.

CPEX is a Belgian make-believe band that's been around for, oh, 20 years or so.

So, they made a rock documentary As fake as the band itself and as awesome as the band itself. Obviously, you won't understand a word. Actually, that would make it interesting. Without background or understanding a single word, I'm pretty sure you won't be able to tell a real documentary from this one...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2NSMpsKIAA

Low Level Operative
In Reply To #12

Man, I love Belgian humor. Thanks for linking that.

It just occurred to me that comparing Dutch and Belgian humor is quite similar to comparing our beers.

Dutch beer is good. It's very accessible and liked by many people. We really have nothing to be ashamed about, but when you want something truly special, you need to turn to the Belgians.

He Leg
OK so this Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon thing looked pretty funny. I like the 80's style - "The year is 2007. It is the future.."

However it's no longer April 1st, and questions are being asked over whether it was actually an April fools hoax at all... I am thinking perhaps they put too much effort in to it for them to see it forgotten after just one day.

Paleo Wannabe
In Reply To #14

Screens were "leaked" two days after April first.

April Fools' Day
Rating:
Topic by: DarkFlow
Posted: Mar 31, 13 - 11:46 PM
Last Reply: Apr 8, 13 - 11:12 AM
Go to : 
Page:
 Moderators  Permissions  Tools
Moderated by Cyrris You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum