GeekSpy Forums | Gaming Discussion | To get the ball rolling, what are you playing right now? Not Really...
 * F.A.Q.  * Memberlist  * Search
To get the ball rolling, what are you playing right now?
Rating:
Topic by: CoyoteExile
Posted: Sep 21, 12 - 7:02 PM
Last Reply: May 30, 14 - 11:38 PM
Go to : 
Page:
Author To get the ball rolling, what are you playing right now?

Paleo Wannabe
In Reply To #239

I'm hooked on Amalur. I feel bad for Desmond and Ezio who I left hanging.

Unimaginative Pseudonym
In Reply To #241

I've left them both hanging for a while too, but I don't feel bad because those first person bits can fuck right off.

Ludo Ergo Sum

Paleo Wannabe
In Reply To #242

The ones in the botched animus? Yeah, they do suck.

Trainee
I finished The Walking Dead. It's a pretty great experience. Clementine is one of my favorite game characters ever.

Unimaginative Pseudonym
In Reply To #244

The biggest problem with The Walking Dead game is that once you've finished it you can't talk about it without spoiling everything ever.

Ludo Ergo Sum

Just Beat Coyote (off)
Not playing it but did purchase it. Zone of the Enders HD collection. I'm a sucker for the HD and SEGA Megadrive collections.

Covert Agent
I gave up on finishing Monster Hunter Tri. The combat controls are just too unreliable and unpredictable, I can't complete my first trapping mission. Even though my OCD screams at me for not finishing a game, it's just not worth the frustration.

Currently playing Portal 2. Best $5 I ever spent.

Up next, going back and finishing the main storyline for Oblivion. It's been a long time since I put it down, I hope I don't have any troubles going back. Shouldn't, control scheme wasn't that complex. Played a warrior. Hold up shield, hit target.

He Leg
So Path of Exile is now in Open Beta. I played it briefly during the closed beta as well, but it's been interesting to see the new third Act. Not very far in to it yet, but it's interesting. They've had some teething problems with server stability since the influx of new people, but it seems to be sorted out now.

If any of you are looking for a decent Diablo 2 style ARPG with enough things different about it to be interesting, this is the one. Torchlight 2 and Diablo 3 don't quite do it for me. And unlike those two, PoE is free.

Just Beat Coyote (off)
In Reply To #248

And it has one hell of an extensive skill map. Try not to get lost.

He Leg
In Reply To #249

I find it interesting. The map is all passive skills though so a lot of them are the same (such as "8% increase to projectile damage"). It's a lot less daunting once you've levelled up 5 or 6 times and realised where it all goes.

Skill gems are the part I still find easy to get lost with though. I don't really know what is good and what is rubbish, but at least with gems there's no real commitment if you try one out and hate it. Except that getting a replacement gem might be hard.

Paleo Wannabe
CoyoteExile wrote:
In Reply To #225

When you play ACIII, I kind of want a minute by minute update concerning how much you hate killing redcoats and helping win the revolution for the colonies. By "kind of want" I mean "want it a lot".

I'm actually kind of stuck in Revelations. I just want it to be over fast...

Paleo Wannabe
ACIII update:I'm a few hours in. Not hating. Yet.

Update: I'm about six hours in. So far the only hate comes from a couple of bugs that have completely borked some missions.

Paleo Wannabe
Game over. Didn't hate it overall. Didn't hate the redcoat killing. I liked the new combat mechanics and how it dabbles just a tiny bit into questioning what's right and wrong. What I didn't like were the bugs. I didn't care much for the trade system and most side missions. I don't know if this is because of the game itself or because I've played the whole series in a row. AC II was the best one.

The Man With The Golden LOLDONG
I'm filled with a bug urge to replay Limbo, so I guess that's what I'll be doing today.

Covert Agent
Heading back into Cyrodil. I will finish the main questline of Oblivion even if it kills me. I will then consider that game "finished". I've done pretty much every side quest I've found, and I'm not the kind of guy that gets kicks from wandering into a dungeon and exploring (they are so boring in Oblivion).

To get the ball rolling, what are you playing right now?
Rating:
Topic by: CoyoteExile
Posted: Sep 21, 12 - 7:02 PM
Last Reply: May 30, 14 - 11:38 PM
Go to : 
Page:
 Moderators  Permissions  Tools
Moderated by Cyrris You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

© 2012-2023 GeekSpy Forums.