GeekSpy Forums | The Lobby - Misc Discussion | "Where are you now?" - Former [GSF] lovers Not Really...
 * F.A.Q.  * Memberlist  * Search
"Where are you now?" - Former [GSF] lovers
Rating:
Topic by: Holliday
Posted: Sep 21, 12 - 9:36 PM
Last Reply: Feb 6, 13 - 2:22 AM
Go to : 
Page:
Author "Where are you now?" - Former [GSF] lovers

Recruit
In Reply To #1

2001: Upstate NY, Help Desk Job, FPS gamer
2012: Northern Maryland, Sr. Admin, Daughter, FPS gamer :)

Trainee
In Reply To #16

2001-2004--The exciting service industry, movie theater and restaurants. Also community college.
2005-2006--Taking care of my grandmother in Florida
2007-2009-University
2009-2011: Korea
2012: Substitute teaching/Tutoring and getting my liscensure & Tesol certificationn.

Hopefully 2013: Not sure if i want to teach here or abroad.

Recruit
In 2001 I was a high-schooler living in Porto, Portugal, enjoying my LIGHTNING FAST (I estimate it was around 256kb) cable connection, playing mostly UT and Nukezone.

Highlights form the past eleven years:
2002-2008 - got an integrated Bachelor and Master's degree (thanks Bologna process) in Software Engineering
2008-present - working as a Quality Management Engineer (quality certification, process improvement, auditing, customer satisfaction) in a safety critical software company.
2008 - bought an apartment with my then-fiancée-now-wife, still in the Porto area
2009 - got married

Low Level Operative
Howdy!

2001: Bright-eyed young lad with a pocket full of dreams and a ute full o' beer.
2003: University (Comp Sci degree)
2006: Workplace. Graduate jobs (blech!)
2009: Broke into web development. Also Met the most awesome girl ever, who the internet knows as BuzzedAngel
2011: Got engaged :D

And that brings us to now.

Covert Agent
I've always had decent internetz speeds.
2001 - Lethbridge Alberta, engaged to Sploogio. Didn't happen, up to Calgary.
The middle - tried a few things, dated some people, always revolved around dogs.
1 failed marriage, quit that, moved on.
Met Thrall, JD, Tigzy and He Leg. All very awesome!
Remarried, now in Edmonton with the hubby and 3 dogs and quickly becoming on of the best dog groomers in the world. Now I teach grooming and compete.

Covert Agent
In Reply To #20

That is...actually quite fascinating. What an unusual life direction. That's very cool.

He Leg
Meeting Chiq was possibly one of the most awesome days of my life.

Not only did we *hug*, but we went to the Battlestar Galactica exhibition in the Sci-Fi museum under Seattle's Space Needle. I am a huge BSG fan. I was almost skipping around the exhibits.

Low Level Operative
In Reply To #22

That would be something to see. Although I must admit I'd probably have skipped as well.

Recruit
2001: Lived together in Holland with my Finnish girlfriend. Internet speed: don't remember, good enough to host a Jedi Knight 2 server on my machine to party with Raij, GM and 1 or 2 others.

2012: 1 son (since 2004), living in Finland (since 2007), divorced (since 2009/2010), seeing someone (since 2011). Internet speed: very easily Netflix ready (coming in 2012).

Recruit
2001: Los Angeles, some sort of terrible cable internet
2003: College in PA
2007: Graduated with a Comp Sci BS. Worked in an okay small company.
2010: Moved to the Seattle area for a new job. 25 mbit up/down.
2012: went to pax and got sick as hell

It's good to be back! The recreation of gsf is pretty spooky.

Just Beat Coyote (off)
Hey guys, gurls and others. Been too long.
Here's my info.

2001 - 2005: Completed my Bachelor of Space Science degree (on holidays I came home to 56k). Bless my parents and their shit interwebs.

2006 - 2009: Terrorised Japan, enjoying extremely cheep booze while sleeping on random fences (did that a few times) + brought back a soon to be wifey. She received her permanent residency VISA only a few months ago.

2010 - Worked some shit jobs back in Australia and realised my English vocabulary had severely diminished.

2011 - Completed a Graduate Diploma in meteorology.

2012 - Moved to Darwin to pretend I know about the weather. Working as a forecaster. Officially began boycotting anything published by EA (doing well so far).

A few days ago: Bought a house and spent way too much time playing Ghost Recon Online.

A few mins ago: Heard about these forums.

Hey SJ, I still play Nukezone actually from time to time. If you ever get back into it, my name is "Hiigara"

He Leg
Gazhel wrote:
Hey SJ, I still play Nukezone actually from time to time. If you ever get back into it, my name is "Hiigara"

Really? What's it like now? Since the NZ Portal died I haven't been able to peek in and see what's going on there. Is it still mostly the same game as it was 35 rounds ago?

Just Beat Coyote (off)
In Reply To #27

Nukezone is pretty much EXACTLY what it used to be but they removed tomahawk missiles from subs which blows + its easier to annoy people in that game now. I feel I level up in this category each and every round.

V i c t o r y !

You won the battle against [MR]Planet Of The Grapes (#8527).

Battle Report
Money Stolen: $50 320 Land Stolen: 83 m² Clan Points Gained: 0p
Enemy's networth decrease: $682 (0,3%)
Units Lost: 0
None
Units Killed: 0
None
Buildings Destroyed: 9
Torpedo Launchers: 2
Power Plants: 7

Recruit
Nukezone was, in 2001, exactly the same as Farmville in 2011, except for waking up in the middle of the night to fire your charged satellite instead of waking up in the middle of the night to water your pumpkins or whatever. Not going back, but thanks!

The Man With The Golden LOLDONG
In Reply To #29

Wake up? Some of us didn't (still don't) sleep long enough to ever miss an attack.

"Where are you now?" - Former [GSF] lovers
Rating:
Topic by: Holliday
Posted: Sep 21, 12 - 9:36 PM
Last Reply: Feb 6, 13 - 2:22 AM
Go to : 
Page:
 Moderators  Permissions  Tools
Moderated by Cyrris You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum