GeekSpy Forums | Rules and Announcements | SSL Enabled, Icon Compilation Not Really...
 * F.A.Q.  * Memberlist  * Search
SSL Enabled, Icon Compilation
Rating:
Topic by: Cyrris
Posted: Aug 13, 15 - 5:17 PM
Last Reply: Aug 13, 15 - 5:17 PM
Go to : 
Page: 1
Author SSL Enabled, Icon Compilation

He Leg
Two small announcements,

Most importantly, SSL has been enabled for the forums, and you should find yourself being directed to it automatically. This is because I am now making use of Cloudflare's free SSL offering. The way it works isn't quite the same as a traditional HTTPS setup, but it's most of the way there and certainly a lot better than what was previously in use here (that being, of course, nothing). Logging in to GeekSpy on someone else's Wi-Fi is no longer something I'd caution against.

Second, I have put up a page of ForumPlanet's default avatars, just so that they exist somewhere on the web for posterity. I did contact Gabe over at Penny Arcade to ask if he had any original artwork I could use to make better versions, but he regretfully said he hadn't kept anything. I guess that's to be expected, having been a decade-and-a-half now. As such, the vectorized versions I made are about as good a quality as we're going to get for modern displays, though some of them turned out to be a bit average.

SSL Enabled, Icon Compilation
Rating:
Topic by: Cyrris
Posted: Aug 13, 15 - 5:17 PM
Last Reply: Aug 13, 15 - 5:17 PM
Go to : 
Page: 1
 Moderators  Permissions  Tools
Moderated by Cyrris You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum