GeekSpy Forums | The Lobby - Misc Discussion | "Where are you now?" - Former [GSF] lovers Not Really...
 * F.A.Q.  * Memberlist  * Search
"Where are you now?" - Former [GSF] lovers
Rating:
Topic by: Holliday
Posted: Sep 21, 12 - 9:36 PM
Last Reply: Feb 6, 13 - 2:22 AM
Go to : 
Page:
Author "Where are you now?" - Former [GSF] lovers

Why Did I Do That?
2001- Germany, Kaiserslaughtern/Ramstein AFB area, speed 56k
2002- North Carolina, Fayetteville helping my sister until her husband got back from TDY, 512kbps Cable Modem
2003- Florida,Orlando, attending Full Sail getting my Game Design and Development Degree, 1.5 Mbps Cable Modem.
2004-2012 West Virginia, family health issues arise and maintain to this day. Working odd jobs here and there, tutoring people on programming, trying to get a demo together or a small team together to develop a game. Nothing ever goes as you plan...2.5Mbps DSL to 3 Mbps DSL(that decided to eventually cut in and out frequently because Verizon abandoned us and Frontier Communications are a useless f**ktards, 16 Mbps Cable(I honestly can't believe Comcast is beating everyone around here for quality...then again it also helps to have a friend who works tech support as well).

Last edited by Edge Damodred on Sep 25, 12 - 5:25 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Paleo Wannabe
Let's see...

2001 - Lyon, France. Cooking school. ADSL. Crappy Notebook PC
2003 - Paris, France. Externship. Cable. First Console, a PS2.
2004 - Jobless for a while. Then shipped to McLean, Va. Cable. Add Xbox and Cube.
2005 - Took my savings and upgraded PC. Met with CE in Baltimore (It was 2005, right?).
2006 - Left US for my Hometown. Took a job at a Middle School (WTF). Back to ADSL.
Later in 2006. Started teaching in cooking school.
2007 - Left for Monterrey. Got Married. Got a Wii. Got Cable. Still teaching Culinary School.
2008 - Lost US visa in a bonehead move. Got invited to open a restaurant. Left my ailing PC for a crappy notebook. Discover iOS devices.
2009 - Disqualified in regional semifinals in a cooking contest. Got a 360.
2010 - Restaurant closes. Got invited to open a Culinary School. Upgraded to less crappy notebook PC. Against Chiquita's better judgement, I got two Schnauzers.
2011 - Did slightly better at this edition of the same contest in 09. Didn't get disqualified, felt pretty good about it, but didn't win.
2012 - Back to the Hometown. Back to the school. Currently on DSL. PC's HD died. Consoles currently offline due to the move. Must fix this soon.

And that's about it.

Recruit
2001 to 2004 - was in Highschool. Nothing fancy.
2004 - Joined the army.
2005 to 2008 - I drank a lot of beer.
2008/2009 - Fun in the sun in lovely Kandahar.
2010 - I drank more beer
2011 - I joined a local police force
2012 - I drank more beer.

The Man With The Golden LOLDONG
In Reply To #33

I like the part with the beer. That's my favorite part.

Unimaginative Pseudonym
Boogilywoo wrote:
2008/2009 - Fun in the sun in lovely Kandahar.

I'm sure my brother was in Kandahar aroundabout the same time (making Americans go "hoo-ah")

Ludo Ergo Sum

Covert Agent
In Reply To #26

Instead of boycotting EA you should buy everything they put out so ours stocks are worth something! My husband works for BioWare (that's right, instead of careering in games I married in).

He Leg, it was indeed cool meeting you at the Science Fi museum!!

Cookie, I didn't know you got Schnauzer's...or maybe I did. Ill start breeding them when we buy a house and get out of the condo.

Just Beat Coyote (off)
In Reply To #36

Good time to buy shares in the company I guess =)
Say hi to your hubby for me (psst! Don't tell him about the boycott!)

/goes into hiding because he's probably peeking over your shoulder.

Paleo Wannabe
In Reply To #36

I don't remember if I told you we were getting schnauzers, but I do remember you telling me not to get two.

Covert Agent
In Reply To #37

Nope, he knows damn well I get flaily when anyone is over my shoulder...plus I'm almost always internetting on my phone. Buy shares then buy games. You have a lot to catch up on apparently!

Cookie, I still stand by litter mates is stupid, but I won't hold it against you ;)

Trainee
2001 - Terrible 56k dialup. Lived in Ohio, was going to college. Playing in a death metal band.
2002 - band broke up. Guitarist masturbated on bassist's roomate's girlfriend. New band formed later in the year.
2003 - Terrible cable internet service. New band starts playing out, self releases a disc.
2004 - Graduate college. Still playing in death metal band. I go mostly sober.
2006 - Band self releases another disc. My sister has her second child, my second nephew.
2007 - Band self releases another disc. My sister has twins. I get another nephew and a niece.
2008 - Band breaks up, plays final show. Shenanigans and good times had by all. I now have good high speed internets.
2009 - Drummer from previous band makes plans to move out of state, and we play one more show for the hell of it. Near riot in the parking lot afterwards. Good times.
2010 - I meet CoyoteExile. We have chili fries with a mexican and eat our waitress.
2011 to Present: Working IT job in a library while searching for a new band. Band is found. Jams are mighty

The Man With The Golden LOLDONG
Noq wrote:
2010 - I meet CoyoteExile. We have chili fries with a mexican and eat our waitress.

Totally a Mexican. Also, in our defense, that waitress was really small and we were really hungry. Yes it is a defense!

Recruit
2001? It was 2001 when I was last here? Geez. That's like three centuries in internet years. Way to make me feel bad about my lack of accomplishments, guys.

He Leg
Pig Monkey wrote:
Way to make me feel bad about my lack of accomplishments, guys.

Meanwhile, I've been jealous of your outdoor trekkery for years now. Your flickr photos are all kinds of awesome.

Low Level Operative
Ground floor of parents' house (there wasn't a basement) -> student rented house

56k dialup -> 8Mb shitty student internet (I did have 24Mb low-latency broadband for a while inbetween)

Still in school -> final year of uni (I started late)

Badminton -> hitting people with swords

No social life -> run the Uni fencing club

Never did anything exciting on my own -> Went hiking in Sicily, went to the Olympics

Never drank alcohol -> MOAR WHISKEY

Last edited by nothing on Oct 1, 12 - 6:38 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Trainee
In Reply To #44

MAH BOY!

"Where are you now?" - Former [GSF] lovers
Rating:
Topic by: Holliday
Posted: Sep 21, 12 - 9:36 PM
Last Reply: Feb 6, 13 - 2:22 AM
Go to : 
Page:
 Moderators  Permissions  Tools
Moderated by Cyrris You cannot post new topics in this forum