GeekSpy Forums | The Lobby - Misc Discussion | That's It! Plans Are In Motion To Escape The Cold! Not Really...
 * F.A.Q.  * Memberlist  * Search
That's It! Plans Are In Motion To Escape The Cold!
Rating:
Topic by: TheeGoatPig
Posted: Feb 14, 16 - 2:04 PM
Last Reply: Jul 30, 16 - 8:13 PM
Go to : 
Page: 1
Author That's It! Plans Are In Motion To Escape The Cold!

Covert Agent
When I was four, just before Christmas in 1979, the family drove over to a friend's house to a neighborhood with a lot of gambrel roofs. The family at this house (I don't even remember who's house it was) had an Intellivision gaming system (a contemporary of the Atari 2600, and could share cartridges with the Colecovision). When we got there I looked at the thermometer on the deck and saw that it was -4 degrees. For the last 36 years this had been the coldest temperature I had ever seen. Today beat that at -5.3 degrees Fahrenheit.

I don't want to deal with this anymore, ever again. But unfortunately I was almost bankrupt two or three times last year. However, I am currently in money saving mode, and have amassed a few thousand in savings. I think I need a few more before I can afford to move. I'm thinking around $15,000 should be enough to comfortably move down to Palm Beach, Florida and escape this winter madness for the rest of my life! And the way I calculated it, it will take me around 16 months to get that done.

So I am on a deadline. In 16 months I start looking for new work down in Palm Beach county Florida. Unfortunately, that means one more winter after this one...

He Leg
Well, good luck with the plan. I keep hearing lots of crazy things about Florida though... is Palm Beach relatively sane?

Covert Agent
In Reply To #2

No idea. I just know that I enjoyed it in 2014 when I was down there for work.

Covert Agent
I am making $6 an hour more than I was when I started these plans, and am waaaay ahead of schedule. So now I am considering keeping to the schedule, and just saving up a lot more money than planned before moving next spring.

That's It! Plans Are In Motion To Escape The Cold!
Rating:
Topic by: TheeGoatPig
Posted: Feb 14, 16 - 2:04 PM
Last Reply: Jul 30, 16 - 8:13 PM
Go to : 
Page: 1
 Moderators  Permissions  Tools
Moderated by Cyrris You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

© 2012-2023 GeekSpy Forums.