GeekSpy Forums | Feedback | More not-like-Forumplanet shenanigans Not Really...
 * F.A.Q.  * Memberlist  * Search
More not-like-Forumplanet shenanigans
Rating:
Topic by: Soylent Dave
Posted: Sep 27, 12 - 9:47 PM
Last Reply: Oct 2, 12 - 11:59 PM
Forum: Feedback
Go to : 
Page:
Author More not-like-Forumplanet shenanigans

Recruit
Cyrris wrote:
I dunno, that could ruin the look n feel a bit...

I tend to just click on the last page of a topic and scroll down to the bottom. With only 15 posts per page it doesn't take too much effort. But then that opens up another avenue of discussion - I know plenty of people back on ForumPlanet who thought 15 was too small.

Though I personally liked it.

Can you make it an option? neogaf lets you pick from a few different numbers of posts per page. i'll give you a bagel!

Paleo Wannabe
I have beef with something.

Is there a way to make links automatically open in a new tab/window? So I can click without having to leave this place. PLEEEASEEE??

He Leg
In Reply To #17

While that used to be common, it's now less so and my understanding is because it's considered bad practice. If people want a new window they can middle-click, or right click and use the menu.

Otherwise you're taking away an option altogether for people who do want to use their current tab.

On the other hand, I don't know how that will work on a touchscreen. So perhaps that consideration is now out of date itself. I am certainly out of date when it comes to modern web dev.

Paleo Wannabe
In Reply To #18

On touchscreens, it's usually done by holding the finger on the link.

I just think that sending it to another tab will save me the work of right/middle clicking or hitting the back button after visiting whatever I click on. Or hitting the back button many times in case I decide to browse.

Trainee
Gazhel wrote:
TheeGoatPig wrote:
I also like the Quick Reply box at the bottom of most other forum's pages :grin:

Yup, so that you can actually scroll up the page to read other posts before you hit the submit button, instead of being taken to an isolated page. I have a bad memory. I tend to forget things easily.

I'm sure I remember someone making a handy script to add a quick reply box back in the day but it stopped playing nice when the forum went through one of it's upgrades.

If I was the kind of person to put quote marks around something (which in real life conversation would be signified by the utterly horrific air quoting) to signify sarcasm I would have put them around the word "upgrades" (that's legitimate quoting of myself there, before you butt in!), seeing as most of them seemed to either do nothing, make the forum less functional than before or just delete some boards.

More not-like-Forumplanet shenanigans
Rating:
Topic by: Soylent Dave
Posted: Sep 27, 12 - 9:47 PM
Last Reply: Oct 2, 12 - 11:59 PM
Forum: Feedback
Go to : 
Page:
 Moderators  Permissions  Tools
Moderated by Cyrris You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum