GeekSpy Forums | Gaming Discussion | I drank the Kool-Aid. Not Really...
 * F.A.Q.  * Memberlist  * Search
I drank the Kool-Aid.
Rating:
Topic by: Management
Posted: Dec 3, 12 - 7:54 PM
Last Reply: Apr 4, 13 - 3:18 PM
Go to : 
Page:
Author I drank the Kool-Aid.

Low Level Operative
So last night I went an picked up a Wii-U, so far the experience has been... disappointing.

First out of the box you only get the big touch screen controller, no normal Wii-motes. Not really a huge thing as I had an old Wii, you figure though if they are giving the remotes away for free in crappy 20 buck games they could include one in at least the deluxe model... guess not.

The hardware was listed on the box thought so... I knew what I was getting into.

The disk hardware is 25gb bluray format but Nintendo didn't feel like paying for the rights to use it as a player... so its capable of playing blurays... but wont... Yay.

Now we get to the setup, nothing difficult, same ole same ole. The touchscreen actually makes configuring everything pretty easy. Now we move on to the system update... two hours later I can log in for the first time.

It wants you to connect an old account or make a new one right off the bat, I went ahead and made a new one... and it froze. Couldn't even force it to turn off by holding the power button, had to yank the cord. After it came back up I have't really had any more issues but then again I haven't had much time to play on it due to having to be at work early the next day.

God I hope the games are worth it...

Trainee
I don't get why people are still buying launch-day *edit: launch.. month.. months.. fine* hardware these days. It's almost never worth it.

Low Level Operative
In Reply To #2

The Kool-Aid man... think of the Kool-Aid. If no one drinks it then who will!

Paleo Wannabe
I kept some of my wii games waiting for the U.

Low Level Operative
Update:

Had a chance to play a few of the games last night, graphics are comparable to Xbox and PS3, so far no more glitches, and thankfully they seem to be getting back to the normal controllers in addition to the wiimote/nunchuck combo.

Happier today, than I was yesterday.

He Leg
In Reply To #5

What games have you got for it so far?

Low Level Operative
In Reply To #6

The new mario bro, Skylanders (don't judge) and the Nintendo Land game that comes with it.

I haven't played mario yet as the girlfriend is displaying extraordinary willpower to leave it wrapped under the tree.

Covert Agent
I'll probably break down and buy one once there's a Zelda for it.

Low Level Operative
It's good, we started exploring more of the Nintendoland games and found that old Nintendo feeling. Must of spent hours taking turns rolling this little springy cart around Donkey Kong land.

By design 8bit looking levels, super simple concept, but just plain old fun. I am officially happy with the purchase.

Paleo Wannabe
In Reply To #9

That's all I needed to hear... Too bad the price here is like twice the US cost.

Low Level Operative
New Mario bro is more or less the same as the past three or four, but with good graphics... a little odd. Neat co-op feature called boost mode where the person with the touch screen can play god and squish baddies, and build little bridges.

Picked up ZombiU... lurv it... in the face... with a bat. The added bit with the backpack alone is really neat. There are like 22 different ways to use the touch screen, GREAT integration.

Trainee
In Reply To #1

What type of toaster are you using to connect to the internet? Perhaps that was the problem. Also I may as well say this here, every time I hear of the Syrian "president" Al-Assad... I always think of that hat you made. Where... where did you get the mold for it? Off of some internet site I'm sure, it certainly never came into contact with an actual ass right?

Low Level Operative
In Reply To #12

lmfao... no the asshat was made from a pair of novelty boxer shorts. The fake ass was "hanging" out the back of them.

Paleo Wannabe
Well apparently the U isn't doing so well... Will it be time to sell all my Wii Stuff?

Low Level Operative
In Reply To #14

Yeah I'm pretty sure she's dead Jim.

I drank the Kool-Aid.
Rating:
Topic by: Management
Posted: Dec 3, 12 - 7:54 PM
Last Reply: Apr 4, 13 - 3:18 PM
Go to : 
Page:
 Moderators  Permissions  Tools
Moderated by Cyrris You cannot post new topics in this forum