GeekSpy Forums | Gaming Discussion | To get the ball rolling, what are you playing right now? Not Really...
 * F.A.Q.  * Memberlist  * Search
To get the ball rolling, what are you playing right now?
Rating:
Topic by: CoyoteExile
Posted: Sep 21, 12 - 7:02 PM
Last Reply: May 30, 14 - 11:38 PM
Go to : 
Page:
Author To get the ball rolling, what are you playing right now?

Just Beat Coyote (off)
I'm not playing it now, but I will be the second it hits the shelves.

Remember Me is out soon.

http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2013/02/15/hands-on-with-capcoms-inventive-remember-me/

He Leg
I had Minecraft forced on me today. So I am learning about... everything.

Endermen are freaky.

Just Beat Coyote (off)
In Reply To #257

That's one game that's honestly never appealed to me in the slightest. I'm sure its one of those games where it could be a lot of fun with friends like Terraria through. So, who forced you to play it?

He Leg
In Reply To #258

Ah, my friends from back home in Sydney. One of them set up an old laptop in his apartment as a server, so it just sits there running day and night.

I seem to get pings of about 850ms (which is double what I ought to be getting, even from here) but it still seems to be quite playable, even in combat.

So it's a good way for me to keep in touch with them and have some fun. When we're all awake at the same time we just Skype up and the 4 or 5 of us build things and kill mobs. And in my case, get myself set on fire.

I never got the game in Beta because after playing the free version, I didn't find it too entertaining. But with friends it's much more amusing.

The Man With The Golden LOLDONG
Once again ripping around Skyrim destroying shit left and right. This time playing Dragonborn DLC. I'm enjoying it so far. The loot is INSANE. Gems...everywhere. Literally everywhere. I've stopped selling them and am currently popping back over to my home in Windhelm and carpeting one room in gems. It will be fabulous.

The Man With The Golden LOLDONG
Had to abandon the gem carpet. I had so many gems on the floor it was causing first slow downs and eventually crashes of the game. This makes me sad. Gem carpet would have been great.

Trainee
I just started Xcom for Xbox and it's pretty rad.

Covert Agent
Finished main storyline of Oblivion, consider the game "done".

Digging deep into my library of unplayed games. Installed Max Payne, which I picked up at Walmart something like 8 years ago, and it was already $10 at that time.

Three points:
1. Holy crap this game is old. Even the installer feels old. And you've got to love how the character models all have GI Joe kung-fu grip hands
2. Holy crap is this game over the top (narration-wise)
3. Holy crap I haven't played a shooter in a long time. I think this must be my first shooter since Jedi Knight II.

Once this is done, I think I'm going to have to buy new games, because my library of unplayed games gets very thin. Baldur's Gate I and II (which I tried to play twice and couldn't get into it), Planescape: Tormet (which I tried to play FOUR times and couldn't get into it) and Deus Ex (which I know is universally loved but I tried it and did not care for it at all). Oh, and Starfleet Academy, but there's no point in trying without a joystick.

Trainee
Went back to Europa Universalis III. Again.

Covert Agent
Finished Max Payne. Played the Bioshock demo to see if it's something I might be interested in playing sometime. I don't think so, I'm not a fan of shooters. But I will say that if I were into shooters I think I'd totally be into this one. It seems pretty cool. And I love love love the art style.

I can hear Coyote cursing me under his breath.

Bought Mass Effect 3. Time to get my Shepard on.

Paleo Wannabe
In Reply To #265

I want the new DLC... And I can't help feel excited about AC IV

Covert Agent
In Reply To #266

I didn't know they had already announced AC IV. Holy crap! I hope they embrace the historical era. One of the things I loved about AC III was playing in a time period not usually embraced by games. Pirates are a little closer to game mainstream.

Edit: just watched a preview for AC IV. I can neither confirm nor deny I got a boner.

And I gather that I absolutely need to play the Citadel DLC for ME3

Just Beat Coyote (off)
One thing's for certain. No one is playing the new Sim City atm.

"The game has a lot of problems. Only one of them actually matters. Never support always-online DRM for a single-player game. Lots of people cannot play their single-player game because of this and gamers need to do everything they can to stop developers from including it. Do you still play SimCity 4? Good luck playing this game in 10 years. The servers will probably be down then and you'll be locked out of your single-player game. SINGLE-PLAYER!"

He Leg
In Reply To #268

Yep.

Not happy about how that has all turned out. From the mandatory small city sizes to the silly online requirement. I'm not touching it with a 10-foot pole unless things change, drastically.

Paleo Wannabe
In Reply To #269

Wonder if this Sim City issue will cause problems for the already-sucky Origin store. Seeing how it's the only one not giving refunds...

To get the ball rolling, what are you playing right now?
Rating:
Topic by: CoyoteExile
Posted: Sep 21, 12 - 7:02 PM
Last Reply: May 30, 14 - 11:38 PM
Go to : 
Page:
 Moderators  Permissions  Tools
Moderated by Cyrris You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

© 2012-2023 GeekSpy Forums.