GeekSpy Forums | Gaming Discussion | To get the ball rolling, what are you playing right now? Not Really...
 * F.A.Q.  * Memberlist  * Search
To get the ball rolling, what are you playing right now?
Rating:
Topic by: CoyoteExile
Posted: Sep 21, 12 - 7:02 PM
Last Reply: May 30, 14 - 11:38 PM
Go to : 
Page:
Author To get the ball rolling, what are you playing right now?

Covert Agent
I'm not playing it yet, but I am soooo waiting for Watch Dogs to finally come out...

Low Level Operative
You know what? Rage is actually quite addictive. Honestly didn't expect it to be this good. It really is a solid shooter with some fun extras, like the driving parts. In many games having to drive to every new mission quickly becomes a chore, but here I actually enjoy these trips.

The only real problem is that the game pretends to be more than it is. It pretends like there's this huge open-world environment with a big, complex story, but it's far to linear and predicable for that. Or to put it differently: Rage acts like it's a Fallout or Mass Effect, when it really is more like Serious Sam.

Nothing wrong with that though. Serious Sam was loads of fun :)

Covert Agent
In Reply To #377

I thought Rage was tiresome. I did get tired of driving to new locations because they didn't do enough with it. Drive here, fight four bandit cars along the way, follow this linear path with a LOT of invisible walls in really conspicuous places and shoot things with questionable hit boxes that absorb way more bullets than they should...

It wasn't terrible, or a disaster, or even bad. It was just... mediocre...

Covert Agent
I started playing Saints Row 2. Why is the main character Australian? Is that something I could change? It's really jarring.

He Leg
In Reply To #379

Oh, did they give the character an exaggerated accent?

Or do you just need to travel more?

Covert Agent
In Reply To #380

It jarring because the game isn't set in Australia. And the have a world that feels like America with an Australian gangbanger running around is kind of weird. I would feel the same if he were Germain, French, Irish, or Swedish. You just don't see certain things in certain places.

He Leg
In Reply To #381

But we're *everywhere*. On every single one of my trips so far in Europe (bat Norway), I've run in to far too many Australians. Berlin, Prague, Amsterdam, Lisbon, all sorts of places in Italy...

We're taking over. It's only now that game devs are realising it.

Covert Agent
In Reply To #382

It's only now that a seven year old game is realizing what is happening here in the present.

Covert Agent
I didn't fully understand the menu system the first time I played, and I missed a lot of customizations. But there are still only three male voices. Black, Hispanic, and Australian, which is really cheap...

He Leg
Today I installed Diablo 3.

Now Blizzard has had almost 18 months to sort out its problems, it should be interesting. With the welcome news that the auction houses are shutting down next year and the loot system redone, I think the game is shaping up to be a little more promising than earlier on.

So, I'll get a bit of experience with the game before they make the big changes and bring out the expansion, so I'll be able to make an informed comparison.

Unimaginative Pseudonym
In Reply To #384

That "australian" accent in Saints Row 2 is a cockney accent...

(well, more of a 'mockney' one)

Fuckin' Americans, honestly, if it's not a Scouse, Scot or Regency, you seem incapable of recognising your mother tongue.

Ludo Ergo Sum

Covert Agent
In Reply To #386

I have heard tons of cockney accents. That didn't sound anything like any of them to me.

I went back to Minecraft last night. Used the seed "sloppy pussy" (thank you Rooster Teeth podcast), and was enjoying mining and tree farming again.

Unimaginative Pseudonym
In Reply To #387

It's definitely a modern dahn sahf accent.

Here's the character and a link to his Lahndan-born voice actor:

http://www.imdb.com/character/ch0319077/

There are lots of Americans on the internet convinced it's Australian... but only Americans.

(Dick van Dyke's accent in Mary Poppins, on the other hand, very much IS Australian.
Although he's probably trying to do cockerney - but he rather spoils it by calling her Maori Poppins all the time

(and fuck me; he's still alive. I thought he'd been dead for ages...))

Ludo Ergo Sum

Trainee
Rome II

Dissapointed.

Basically, since Medieval I, they added visual improvements (and again and again) while tweaking gameplay (spies, different campaign map optimisations, whatnot) but the AI stinks as much as ten years ago.

I mean, here I am with a besieging army. Not that much bigger than the defenders. And with a few siege units. So, the defenders cower together. You know, as to make sure I hit as many as possible with a single shot. And it doesn't matter if I place the siege units without any protection at all. Juicy target, you say? Not for the AI.

And WTF is up with victory points? Seriously?? Makes no sense at all.

Low Level Operative
Dead Space 3.

Good game. I'm a big fan of the previous installments and feel that this is a worthy successor and tells a story that needed to be told.

Still, it's hardly perfect. For one thing, it's no survival horror. In fact, it's hardly scary. That's too bad. It could've been brilliant. Instead, it's merely "good."

To get the ball rolling, what are you playing right now?
Rating:
Topic by: CoyoteExile
Posted: Sep 21, 12 - 7:02 PM
Last Reply: May 30, 14 - 11:38 PM
Go to : 
Page:
 Moderators  Permissions  Tools
Moderated by Cyrris You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

© 2012-2023 GeekSpy Forums.