GeekSpy Forums | Gaming Discussion | Shall we start a Steam Group? Not Really...
 * F.A.Q.  * Memberlist  * Search
Shall we start a Steam Group?
Rating:
Topic by: Edge Damodred
Posted: Sep 26, 12 - 8:32 PM
Last Reply: Oct 4, 12 - 4:46 AM
Go to : 
Page: 1
Author Shall we start a Steam Group?

Why Did I Do That?
Friend Invites are nice and all but some people are too lazy to do one at a time, some just wanna add friend in bulk. So if it hasn't been done already we can start a GeekSpy group. This would also give us basic irc/voice chat through Steam instead of setting up a Vent/TS server(which we could do at a later date, we don't need to completely retro...I mean I can't even remember my ICQ number).

Paleo Wannabe
In Reply To #1
My mind goes to the gutter so easily...

Why Did I Do That?
Well something's gotta keep your body company there.

Why Did I Do That?
The Steam Group has been created, the GeekSpy group! Right now it's set to private and I will send out invites as we get more members. I'll be adding officers/moderators as time goes on and if this gets big enough it MIGHT become public at some point.

He Leg
In Reply To #4

If the decision is made to go public, do let me know. We have links to the forums and stuff from the group page, so at that time I'll need to re-evaluate the publicity levels of this forum.

This place isn't even public yet...

Trainee
In Reply To #5

This shit makes me feel like a secret agent. Do we have secret handshakes? We need secret handshakes.

He Leg
In Reply To #6

I wanted to but Coyote insisted on shaking other body parts which I won't mention, so I gave up.

The Man With The Golden LOLDONG
You say that like it's a bad thing.

Why Did I Do That?
Ironically Coyote has no Steam ID or has failed to share it, so you're safe in the mean time.

BTW, join the Steam chat room for the group for talking the same bs here but at a higher rate!

Won the Internet...
Edge Damodred wrote:
The Steam Group has been created, the GeekSpy group! Right now it's set to private and I will send out invites as we get more members. I'll be adding officers/moderators as time goes on and if this gets big enough it MIGHT become public at some point.

Nice.

The Turtle moves...

Recruit
I'll likely join up whenever I can remember what I put my Steam name as.

Covert Agent
I really like steam's new "Game Hubs" and the overall idea of their community stuff. The UI isn't very intuitive and a little sluggish though. I'd use it more if it were snappier.

Won the Internet...
Holliday wrote:
I really like steam's new "Game Hubs" and the overall idea of their community stuff. The UI isn't very intuitive and a little sluggish though. I'd use it more if it were snappier.

Steam often confuses me...and sometimes it won't even load up...and I have to manually load it, the bastard!

The Turtle moves...

Covert Agent
I created a Tribes:Ascend event for tomorrow 10pm EST. Lets see who shows up (hopefully I do).

Shall we start a Steam Group?
Rating:
Topic by: Edge Damodred
Posted: Sep 26, 12 - 8:32 PM
Last Reply: Oct 4, 12 - 4:46 AM
Go to : 
Page: 1
 Moderators  Permissions  Tools
Moderated by Cyrris You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum