GeekSpy Forums | The Lobby - Misc Discussion | "Where are you now?" - Former [GSF] lovers Not Really...
 * F.A.Q.  * Memberlist  * Search
"Where are you now?" - Former [GSF] lovers
Rating:
Topic by: Holliday
Posted: Sep 21, 12 - 9:36 PM
Last Reply: Feb 6, 13 - 2:22 AM
Go to : 
Page:
Author "Where are you now?" - Former [GSF] lovers

He Leg
In Reply To #210

Long time to type.

You still doing MXM-related stuff? Is MXM still current as a standard? I don't even know...

Trainee
In Reply To #211

They updated the spec (now on 3.1). All Alienware gaming notebooks are on it, as well as Clevos (used for many boutique brands) and MSI machines. Not doing as much as I used with it anymore. Been a very interesting experience, though. Learned a lot.

Recruit
Chiquita wrote:
Good to see ya Hamster! You've got it going on! That's awesome. My hubby may be on crunch my whole pregnancy and until after baby is born...but the perfect time will never present itself. You just have to make it the right time for you when you're emotionally ready.

Aside: I'm a psychotic hormonal beast right now. RAGE

Good to see you too! :) Congrats on the kid! You’re absolutely right - there’s no perfect time for it. We’re looking to start within the next year; we have a few milestones passing soon (one of which will be my wife graduating with her bachelor’s).

Also, MAJOR respect for bearing a child while your husband is in crunch. *Nothing* has tested our marriage like long, sometimes unexpected hours (those phone calls are never fun “I won’t be able to make it to dinner tonight; I’ll be home in two days”). There were times when I seriously questioned my career in light of what it was doing to the most important relationship in my life. I’m convinced that relationships which survive the dregs of development are some of the strongest on the planet.

Things have gotten better though; I’m lucky to work with people who value quality-of-life enough to mitigate overtime as much as humanly possible. It took us the better part of two years (and plenty of hard lessons) to develop a scheduling approach to support this. The day I brought my sleeping bag home from work for the last time was a good one.

Covert Agent
In Reply To #213
Thanks Ninja!

We're lucky that his crunches aren't indie-bad. He might have to go in early and be there until 10, but they don't have sleeping areas (despite being in a hotel). At the same time, living 10 minutes from work negates the need to crash there. Still, there have been many nights where I'm in bed long before he gets home, but that's the nature of the beast. My beast takes me away some weekends with no days off so it's not like its just him fucking up our time ;).

That's awesome she'll e getting her degree, being on mat leave will give her a chance to further her readings in whatever field. I'll probably take some time to write a book, since I'll be home anyway!

Covert Agent
In Reply To #210

Congratts on all that stuff! Tell your wife she's beautiful all the time!

Trainee
In Reply To #215

I do that between massaging her feet, preparing food, taking care of our daughter and in general taling care of her every whim.

I wish I had hormones. Must be awesome.

Covert Agent
In Reply To #216

My hormones hit their peak (so far) over Christmas...with the folks...while not being able to drink or smoke weed. I straight up took off at one point. Got in my car told everyone who was ask inning "no, I don't want you to come with me" and left. Otherwise I was going to snap in an atomic sort of way.

Trainee
In case you ar wondering if it is all worth it , if hou will love it enough, if you'll be a good mum: all these questions are instantly answered as soon as you first see your child...

Promise.

Unimaginative Pseudonym
In Reply To #218

Unfortunately the answer is "no", as you go "OH HOLY SHIT I DON'T KNOW WHAT THE FUCK I AM DOING"*

(that's what I did when I became a dad. Although admittedly I became a dad to a teenager, which means I almost - but not quite - skipped the shitting and crying stages of childrearing)

*You do then realise that everyone else thinks that, too. Fortunately.

Ludo Ergo Sum

Covert Agent
I'm counting on it!
Soylant: that must've been one hell of a labor.

Unimaginative Pseudonym
In Reply To #220

I think we're still going through the labour pains.

(he hasn't ever said "I hate you, you're not my real dad" yet though. It's very disappointing.)

Ludo Ergo Sum

Covert Agent
In Reply To #221

Have you asked him to say it? I would do that.

Unimaginative Pseudonym
In Reply To #222

Yes.

I also tried to provoke it in an argument once, too "...look, I know I'm not your real Dad, but..."

The most I've ever got is a slammed door. I feel like I'm rather failing as an evil stepfather.

(AND now he's got a girlfriend and we'd really set our hearts on him being gay. His mother and I are very disappointed...)

Ludo Ergo Sum

Covert Agent
In Reply To #223

Forbid him to see her. Tell him he's not fooling anyone. That might fulfill both your dreams.

Unimaginative Pseudonym
In Reply To #224

We're going to need to have words with him about her anyway, after she was an absolute fucking knob to me tonight, and spent the whole evening being rude. Which, considering we bought her dinner and are letting her stay in my house, is not on.

The mrs will be doing the talking to (we double-team sometimes), and will be trying to strike the important balance between "tell your girlfriend to stop being such a dickhead" and 'making him choose between the person who gets his dick wet and his parents', which we know we'll lose.

I'll keep you all posted, I'm sure you'll be fascinated.

Ludo Ergo Sum

"Where are you now?" - Former [GSF] lovers
Rating:
Topic by: Holliday
Posted: Sep 21, 12 - 9:36 PM
Last Reply: Feb 6, 13 - 2:22 AM
Go to : 
Page:
 Moderators  Permissions  Tools
Moderated by Cyrris You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum