GeekSpy Forums | The Lobby - Misc Discussion | "Where are they now?" - Former [GSI] Peeps Not Really...
 * F.A.Q.  * Memberlist  * Search
"Where are they now?" - Former [GSI] Peeps
Rating:
Topic by: Cyrris
Posted: Sep 21, 12 - 8:38 PM
Last Reply: Oct 1, 12 - 11:34 AM
Go to : 
Page:
Author "Where are they now?" - Former [GSI] Peeps

The Man With The Golden LOLDONG
In Reply To #14

Is it coincidence that when you left, the place immediately started going to shit? No. No it is not.

Covert Agent
In Reply To #16
The place was fueled on chris's cynicism. Trace amounts were left around, soaked into fabrics and carpet. But eventually it all got used up.

Paleo Wannabe
Cyrris wrote:
Yeah, a few of us have tried to change our handles over the years. The old ones never let you leave them behind completely.

I pretty much managed to leave CookieJesus behind. There are a few websites were. It still is my screen name on Flickr and DeviantArt. DA I rarely use anymore and Flickr I basically use to follow a few guys. I tried leaving it behind here, but someone wouldn't let me... :tongue:

I tried googling cookiejesus and there's a bunch of results, rarely any of them is me. Unlike sansturbot which is usually the screen name I use now.

Recruit
In Reply To #16

I know that some folks (like Eccentric I think and maybe Hardflip?) got a little tired of my relatively zero-tolerance management style, but I did try to keep things rolling along smoothly.

I would say that things went to shit not because I left, but because GameSpy got bought -- which was the reason I left. Whenever a company gets bought, it pretty much inevitably undergoes massive changes, usually for the negative. "Dudes, we got bought but we're totally not changing for reals" is an absolute guarantee from every company, ever, that massive changes are coming. Recent examples include Bioware and Popcap, but you could also point to Flickr, or Tweetdeck, or a million others. I'm excited to see how Facebook totally fucks up Instagram.

I was and am glad that GameSpy and I parted company during the buyout. Based on what I know from people who stayed on board, the next couple of years would have sapped my will to live and I would've ended up quitting in disgust. Instead, all of my great memories are intact and not tarnished with the stink of IGN.

Oh, and don't be too hard on Love2Play ... I only had to handle one board. She had to manage like a zillion.

-chris

In Reply To #19

I liked your management style because it was consistent. I do love consistency.

Place I worked before the current place got swallowed up by a much larger company. I stayed around for another couple of years before being downsized and it was aggressively unpleasant. Probably should have done what you did and bounced out.

Hehehe, IGN stink.

To sum up, our love for you is like a truck.

He Leg
I guess I was lucky at my previous workplace, when we merged with another health care provider about our size, we were still the bigger player in terms of monies, so we essentially absorbed them instead of vice versa.

But I have seen what we've done to some of their places, and indeed I have seen many people quit over it. We may have brought those facilities up to what's required from the government standards and regulations, but that comes at a human price.

But that's the world of non-profits. I imagine the corporate world is far far worse.

And I still don't know what GameSpy actually is/does anymore...

Low Level Operative
Cyrris wrote:
Yeah, a few of us have tried to change our handles over the years. The old ones never let you leave them behind completely.

I tried to change my handle to just "Taco" ages ago and got eleventy million PMs raging about it. So I went back. And now you turds all call me Taco anyway. I assume that's out of spite, which I can respect.

The nick has spilled over into real life because of a couple of you I know for really real, and that's kinda awesome. In a kinda sad way.

Low Level Operative
We want to call you Taco, but we want you to be The Taco Prophet.

Very important distinction.

He Leg
In Reply To #23

And we want to call you nothing...

Low Level Operative
In Reply To #24

Coincidence.

In Reply To #22

Even your kids called me Coyote. It was adorable. Also, I tried to go to just Coyote here and He Leg's head nearly exploded.

Covert Agent
I changed my name a few times for different jokes. I liked it when I was KGB Operative, and Cloaking Device. There was a joke about activated/deactivated integrated with my avatars.

Recruit
chris wrote:
In Reply To #16

I know that some folks (like Eccentric I think and maybe Hardflip?) got a little tired of my relatively zero-tolerance management style, but I did try to keep things rolling along smoothly.

Nah you were great. It was Evil Homer I wasn't a fan of.

Covert Agent
In Reply To #26

I know his son calls me fett, which is awesome.

I used to go by Boba Fett but then I realized that was pretty stupid since there are only 4 billion other people going by that handle, so I shortened it to the simple, no capitals, e.e. cummings-esque simplicity of fett.

Coyote, I suggest you retaliate by shortening your name even more, to Coy...

Last edited by fett on Sep 28, 12 - 3:55 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Hardflip wrote:
It was Evil Homer I wasn't a fan of.

That's one way to say it. A much nicer way than I tend to say it.

fett wrote:
Coyote, I suggest you retaliate by shortening your name even more, to Coy...

Shenanigans!

Last edited by CoyoteExile on Sep 28, 12 - 3:30 PM, edited 1 time in total.

"Where are they now?" - Former [GSI] Peeps
Rating:
Topic by: Cyrris
Posted: Sep 21, 12 - 8:38 PM
Last Reply: Oct 1, 12 - 11:34 AM
Go to : 
Page:
 Moderators  Permissions  Tools
Moderated by Cyrris You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum