GeekSpy Forums | The Lobby - Misc Discussion | What are you up to these holidays? Not Really...
 * F.A.Q.  * Memberlist  * Search
What are you up to these holidays?
Rating:
Topic by: Cyrris
Posted: Dec 11, 12 - 1:28 PM
Last Reply: Jan 17, 13 - 1:45 AM
Go to : 
Page:
Author What are you up to these holidays?

He Leg
New Years in this town is pretty cool.

In Sydney, fireworks are banned all year round, so people flock to the harbour for the officials and professionals to do their thing.

Here it seems fireworks are similarly banned from sale, except from December 29 until the end of the year. I found a good vantage spot near home to look over the town tonight, and I swear every second house in this place has someone launching fireworks. It's crazier than Taipei was, it's just a sea of colour.

Happy New Year, GSFers.

Just Beat Coyote (off)
In Reply To #46

Sounds like Territory Day. One single day in the dry season, fireworks become legal and it can actually be pretty scary with the shit people do and all the misfires that go on. Still, wouldn't have it any other way.

Last year was particularly bad as it actually reduced the visibility at the airport for a while.

Paleo Wannabe
In Reply To #46

Something similar happened in Prague. The "official" fireworks were on the 2nd and we left early. However, on New Year's the whole town was lit with the people's fireworks. An awesome sight.

Trainee
Heh. Funny. Was in cologne too a few weeks ago... Loved the Christmas markets, hated the crowd. Like... A lot.

He Leg
In Reply To #49

What was your crowd doing? I can't say I noticed anything particularly good or bad about it.

But maybe the final night is always more low key.

Covert Agent
In Reply To #50

You're small and can weave around people easily. Us tall folk hate crowds.

Trainee
Cyrris wrote:
In Reply To #49

What was your crowd doing?

Well... It was there? Just not a fan of a lot of people in one place I guess...

Covert Agent
In Reply To #51

I find it easier to navigate when I am tall, since I can see all of the openings to aim for.

He Leg
In Reply To #53

You make it sound like you have intervening periods of shortness which inconvenience you.

Covert Agent
In Reply To #54

That would be interesting. I have established over the years that I am quite boring.

Paleo Wannabe
Apparently 8 million people got Angry Birds for Christmas

Unimaginative Pseudonym
Chiquita wrote:
In Reply To #50

YES.

People running around at knee level, getting in the way. Walking slowly in front of me, with their tiny strides.

They should all just fuck off.

Ludo Ergo Sum

Covert Agent
Soylent Dave wrote:
Chiquita wrote:
In Reply To #50

YES.

People running around at knee level, getting in the way. Walking slowly in front of me, with their tiny strides.

They should all just fuck off.

Yes! Or walking right in front of you then just stopping to either gaze or engage in conversation. *rage*

Unimaginative Pseudonym
In Reply To #58

I particularly enjoy when people decide to stop and hold conversations at natural chokepoints, like junctions in supermarkets, or where the pavement narrows to pass under a bridge or something.

Twats.

Ludo Ergo Sum

Covert Agent
In Reply To #59

Went to Value Village today for some mat. clothes. Between the one asshole walking around with the inability to pick up his goddamned feet and people blocking access points with their carts when there was no fucking need for it...I'm wearing garbage bags from now on.

What are you up to these holidays?
Rating:
Topic by: Cyrris
Posted: Dec 11, 12 - 1:28 PM
Last Reply: Jan 17, 13 - 1:45 AM
Go to : 
Page:
 Moderators  Permissions  Tools
Moderated by Cyrris You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum