GeekSpy Forums | Gaming Discussion | To get the ball rolling, what are you playing right now? Not Really...
 * F.A.Q.  * Memberlist  * Search
To get the ball rolling, what are you playing right now?
Rating:
Topic by: CoyoteExile
Posted: Sep 21, 12 - 7:02 PM
Last Reply: May 30, 14 - 11:38 PM
Go to : 
Page:
Author To get the ball rolling, what are you playing right now?

The Man With The Golden LOLDONG
Playing Kingdoms of Amalur. As slow as I play games, having to go over every square inch and all, this might take...a while.

Low Level Operative
I've decided to delay my playthrough of Dead Space 3. I was originally planning on using a 25% discount voucher I have on Origin, but all the stuff with Sim City has changed my mind. I'll just wait until it gets cheaper somewhere else.

Instead, I've decided to play some stuff I already own, but somehow never got around to playing. Right now that means Gears of War :tongue:

Covert Agent
Decided to play Planescape: Torment. Attempt #5. I am DETERMINED to finish it this time. Fortunately it behaves really well in Windows XP.

For future reference, I have God of War II yet to play. I played the first one and thought it was ok. How is the second compared to the first?

Low Level Operative
In Reply To #288

I don't really recall preferring one over the other. Simply put, if you liked God of War 1, you'll like God of War 2.

Covert Agent
fett wrote:
Fortunately it behaves really well in Windows XP.

Spoke too soon. Fuckit, bought it from GOG. I WILL finish this fucking game.

Just Beat Coyote (off)
In Reply To #288

Heh Fett, I was like that with Homeworld 2. I installed that game 4 times before I was finally able to beat it. That game was TOO FUCKING HARD FOR ITS OWN GOD DAMN GOOD (I still love you Homeworld 2)

Right now I decided to give League of Legends a go.

Why Did I Do That?
Gone back to playing Rise of Nations, one of my 2 fallback games. The other being Alpha Centauri.

I was playing Path of Exile pretty hardcore for a while, but then it got to be a tedious grind in merciless as the exp curve gets ramped up, the exp loss on death is absurd and there's an obscene need for elemental resistance since the mode takes about %50 away to begin with. I'm all for having multiple difficulties but when it's simple stat changing I feel that's just lazy development. Bring in new monsters and bosses with new abilities and attack patterns.

Just Beat Coyote (off)
In Reply To #292

In wondering wtf Alpha Centauri was, Youtube led me to a game I'd long but forgotten about. Deadlock!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDABtz35o_w

Covert Agent
Well despite my dislike of sims we got a free copy of the new Sim City so I've dicked around with it a bit. But then the new Bioshock came out so. Yay! It's pretty awesome so far even though I already got caught on a bug roughly 5 seconds in. At least I only had to replay 5 seconds worth.

The Man With The Golden LOLDONG
To any interested, the Walking Dead game (the good one) is on sale on XBL. First episode is free, eps 2 - 5 are half off which means the entire game can be had for $10.

Low Level Operative
In Reply To #295

Thanks for the tip. I'd been thinking about getting The Walking Dead, but wasn't really sure. I'm a sucker for a good story and from what I've heard, this definitely counts as one, but so far the zombie-factor has kept me from actually getting it.

You see, zombies generally don't really do it for me. There have been plenty of exceptions, but overall I tend to prefer my enemies intelligent and with motives beyond "braaiinns".

Still though, a good story is a good story and with the first episode being free, I have no excuse not to try it ;)

Paleo Wannabe
In Reply To #296

Try it. I played the first episode on iOS. Really good. Oh, and the sale is also good on iTunes.

Low Level Operative
In Reply To #297

Just finished the first episode without interruption. Damn this is good.

Covert Agent
I hate the Modron Maze.

Paleo Wannabe
I was midway thru my ongoing Amalur playthrough, and then the Xbox froze. Frustrated I restarted some mass effect... again.

To get the ball rolling, what are you playing right now?
Rating:
Topic by: CoyoteExile
Posted: Sep 21, 12 - 7:02 PM
Last Reply: May 30, 14 - 11:38 PM
Go to : 
Page:
 Moderators  Permissions  Tools
Moderated by Cyrris You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

© 2012-2023 GeekSpy Forums.