GeekSpy Forums | Gaming Discussion | To get the ball rolling, what are you playing right now? Not Really...
 * F.A.Q.  * Memberlist  * Search
To get the ball rolling, what are you playing right now?
Rating:
Topic by: CoyoteExile
Posted: Sep 21, 12 - 7:02 PM
Last Reply: May 30, 14 - 11:38 PM
Go to : 
Page:
Author To get the ball rolling, what are you playing right now?

Covert Agent
In Reply To #388

Eh, I'm going with the straight up non-hispanic ghetto voice.

I'm not sure I like the mechanic of having to up my respect levels between every other mission just to be able to play story missions. I don't like a bunch of these activities to gain respect levels, so it is going to be difficult in the later hours of the game to achieve high enough respect levels to partake of the story missions. But I will persevere, for now.

Either that or go back to GTAIV for a few hours and try to finish that up.

He Leg
Well, my Diablo 3 experience is off to a mixed start.

It runs well enough on my laptop, I like the art, music, graphics and sound effects. It's all really top notch stuff, and the storytelling is also enough to put it well and truly above Torchlight 2 and Path of Exile. Not sure it's twice as good as TL2 though, considering it's over twice the price (and PoE... well you an't argue with free). However it does demonstrate what Blizzard can still accomplish as a AAA developer that the others can't.

I've played through once on Normal as a Barbarian, and am now about to finish again with a Wizard (which has been quite a bit more fun, yay meteor). I'd be playing it right now, but Battle.net's EU authentication servers are acting up so I can't log on. That is really, really annoying.

There is still some way to go to make D3 the game that D2 was, though. The good news is that they now more fully understand what the gameplay problems are (something which I think is what made me find TL2 and PoE so average), and why the auction houses were a terrible idea just like so many people said from the start.

So, I'm a it disappointed that even after more than a year, there is still so much work Blizzard needs to put in to this game (and the infrastructure supporting it) just to make it as convincing as their own product from 13 years ago - but at least they're doing it. I guess after 13 years, a developer is unlikely to have that many of its original staff around to ensure those lessons had stayed learned.

Covert Agent
23 hours into Saints Row 2? I thought I had played more than that... Finished off the Ronin gang. Working on the Brotherhood now. After that will be the Sons of Smedi (or whatever they call themselves). I think I own all of the cribs possible in the game. I own a lot of businesses too. I can do 23 missions in a row without earning any more reputation. I finished all of the Insurance Fraud missions, but I think I might run through one of the levels again just for the hell of it. Flinging my limp body all over Stillwater as it bounces from car to car is hilarious fun :D

Covert Agent
I spent $800,000 upgrading my weapons in Saints Row: The Third last night. When I was finished with that I played another four missions just to get some money back. I have most recently defeated the zombie menace that threatened Steelport.

Paleo Wannabe
Well, after two runs of the Mass Effect Trilogy, I'm picking up where I left in Red Dead Redemption. Feeling like Ubisoft took a big page from this one where it comes to the hunting bits. Mechanics are completely different though.

I still have a bunch of 360 games I haven't even touched and some more I want to get... I guess I'll ride this thing for a while.

Covert Agent
Really enjoying Watch Dogs. Lots of unscripted stuff that happens randomly to do. Sometimes several criminal activities will pop up at once while I am trying to do something else, which gets a little overbearing,but I'm still enjoying the hell out of it.

He Leg
GoG.com had SimCity 4 for just $5 today so I decided to grab it.

Forgot it was over 10 years old. It's really showing its age. Amazingly, it also lacks a random terrain generator, despite that being present in its two predecessors.

I think SimCity 3000 might still be my favourite.

To get the ball rolling, what are you playing right now?
Rating:
Topic by: CoyoteExile
Posted: Sep 21, 12 - 7:02 PM
Last Reply: May 30, 14 - 11:38 PM
Go to : 
Page:
 Moderators  Permissions  Tools
Moderated by Cyrris You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

© 2012-2023 GeekSpy Forums.