GeekSpy Forums | Gaming Discussion | What is the longest you've played any game? Not Really...
 * F.A.Q.  * Memberlist  * Search
What is the longest you've played any game?
Rating:
Topic by: vermouth
Posted: Sep 24, 12 - 6:56 PM
Last Reply: Dec 30, 12 - 7:23 PM
Go to : 
Page:
Author What is the longest you've played any game?

Why Did I Do That?
I still reinstall Sven-Coop at least once every 2 years. Great game, especially with the They Hunger maps added(sadly we'll probably never see They Hunger Lost Souls).

Surprisingly the original Serious Sam runs fine on new OS'es(no need to fiddle with Admin Rights or Compatibility Crap or 3rd party patches) and people are actually still playing the co-op for it.

Covert Agent
In Reply To #46

Serious Sam 3 coop made me feel sick to my stomach. It just doesn't feel right somehow, and after half the game I was so uneasy I had to do something else. I never had that problem with First Encounter.

Why Did I Do That?
In Reply To #47

What monitor aspect ratio and Field of View were you using? Some people get sick playing FPS's if the Field of View is below 75 or even 80 when using a widescreen resolution/aspect ratio like 16:9 or 16:10.

Covert Agent
In Reply To #48

I used default field of view, and have no idea what my aspect ratio was. I played it at the beginning of the year, nine months ago, and don't have a working computer to double check.

Recruit
The game I have probably put more HOURS into than any other was probably Burnout Revenge on the 360. My save file has something daft like 31 days on it. Lots of online with friends and lots of practicing for the online with friends. The game I go back to the most is still the original PC Aliens Vs Predator (aka AVP2000 aka AVPClassic). It's such a good game and its held up shockingly well, and randomised enemy placements still keep me on my toes.

Every now and then I try to go through the marine campaign on Directors cut without saving or dying. I've managed it a few times :)

Trainee
Amalur. So much Amalur.

The Man With The Golden LOLDONG
In Reply To #51

I'm hoping for a deluxe edition of that. I really want to give it a whirl.

Why Did I Do That?
In Reply To #52

Don't get your hopes up as the studio behind it has long since been dissolved due to lots of financial trouble and such. Haven't seen such a blow up since Flagship Studio...

Won the Internet...
vermouth wrote:
As I enter Azeroth for the 8th year, and am at around 300 days /played. I just kind of wonder what's the longest you've played a game. Anyone out there still rocking a game after many years?

Still playing WoW on and off for the 6th/7th year.

And I've been playing Civ in one form or another since the first one came out...

The Turtle moves...

The Man With The Golden LOLDONG
In Reply To #53

In that case I'll just have to wait until it hits the price I'm willing to pay.

Recruit
Demon Souls I poured easily over 1000 hours
Countless hours into R6v2
Tons of hours into various Gran Turismo games.

But more than all of those Twisted Metal 2. Ill never stop playing it.

Low Level Operative
I can't tell you the number of times I have played and beat the original Final Fantasy for Nintendo. I even downloaded the recent reboot of it they did for Android and iPod, I now play that every time I am on the crapper.

Even with that, still gotta be WoW. I haven't really found a game that has been able to suck me in as bad as that one, I was clean for a while but I just bought MoP a little bit ago. I don't even wanna know what my /played time adds up to.

Recruit
Silly amateur WoW addicts. I passed 365 days /played within the 3 years I played it.

He Leg
In Reply To #58

That really is quite an achievement. One I hope to never come anywhere near matching, ever.

Covert Agent
In Reply To #58
suerte! fucking suerte!?

Remember the wookie twilik love days?

What is the longest you've played any game?
Rating:
Topic by: vermouth
Posted: Sep 24, 12 - 6:56 PM
Last Reply: Dec 30, 12 - 7:23 PM
Go to : 
Page:
 Moderators  Permissions  Tools
Moderated by Cyrris You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

© 2012-2023 GeekSpy Forums.