GeekSpy Forums | The Lobby - Misc Discussion | What Country Are You In at the Moment? Not Really...
 * F.A.Q.  * Memberlist  * Search
What Country Are You In at the Moment?
Rating:
Topic by: Dracion
Posted: Oct 4, 12 - 6:35 AM
Last Reply: Oct 25, 12 - 12:01 AM
Go to : 
Page:
Author What Country Are You In at the Moment?

Recruit
Cyrris wrote:
In Reply To #58

I am hoping to check out Berlin next weekend, a Friday to Monday thing. Hoping it won't rain, because I want to do a lot of walking outside.

I am hoping to at least fit in:

- Brandenburger Tor
- Reichstag
- Fernseheturm
- Potsdamer Platz
- Bits of the old wall

I very much want to check out Potsdam as well, but I think that can justify a second trip on it's own.

Both the Reichstag (the dome at least) and the Fernsehturm need reservations I think, so you might want to look into that. Also, the Pergamonmuseum is amazing. At the Mehringdamm U-Bahn station there's curry 36 and Mustafa's gemüse döner which are legends (the döner line is like 30 mins - an hour though).
Have fun!

He Leg
In Reply To #61

I took a peek on TripAdvisor and added the Pergamon Museum to my list as soon as I saw it.

Not too worried about the Reichstag, I can always come back here later. My train and hotel are booked, next weekend should be a blast!

Unimaginative Pseudonym
nothing wrote:
In Reply To #2

Still in the UK, but moved from near Newcastle to near Manchester.

This side of the country is 5 times as wet. Ugh.

Limey wrote:
a cold flat in Manchester

I'm not sure I appreciate this anti-Manchester propaganda.

Manchester is a paradise on earth and some people are just over-sensitive to a teensy tiny bit of rainfall.

Just because Manchester's June rainfall is equal to that of the rest of England combined, for the rest of the year, I see no reason to complain.

At least it's not Birmingham.

Ludo Ergo Sum

He Leg
In Reply To #63

So, yeah... maybe when I come to the UK for a visit, we should meet up in a neutral third location. Like Notmanchester. I hear that's a great place.

Trainee
I moved from Cape Town, South Africa to Santa Monica, USA at the beginning of last year. It's been weird.

Unimaginative Pseudonym
Cyrris wrote:
Notmanchester. I hear that's a great place.

You have heard wrong.

Notmanchester is shit. Notmanchester is the worst bit of the UK. Don't go there.

Ludo Ergo Sum

Covert Agent
In Reply To #65

You are the first african I have ever seen on the internet. Not kidding or embellishing.

Recruit
Unimaginative Pseudonym wrote:

Limey wrote:
a cold flat in Manchester

I'm not sure I appreciate this anti-Manchester propaganda.

That's anti-one-particular-flat propaganda. Manchester herself is a postmodern Eden.

Won the Internet...
Darric wrote:
I moved from Cape Town, South Africa to Santa Monica, USA at the beginning of last year. It's been weird.

Why, more fat people? :P

*runs*

The Turtle moves...

He Leg
I actually didn't see many fat people when I was in Santa Monica. I did see people rollerblading down near the beach though, maybe that keeps them all in shape.

Or indoors if they can't roll.

Won the Internet...
Cyrris wrote:
I actually didn't see many fat people when I was in Santa Monica. I did see people rollerblading down near the beach though, maybe that keeps them all in shape.

Or indoors if they can't roll.

A colleague of mine went to LA, she mentioned that girls in bikinis would just walk into McDonalds...

The Turtle moves...

Trainee
TheeGoatPig wrote:
In Reply To #65

You are the first african I have ever seen on the internet. Not kidding or embellishing.

That surprises me a little. I mean, I don't go out looking for other South Africans (and I'd wager that upwards of 95% of Africans you're likely to run into on a popular website are South Africans), but I've seen a bunch.

The Editor in Chief of Joystiq (Ludwig Kietzmann) is a South African (and a friend! Small world.)

Trainee
And yeah, for the most part Santa Monica is low on overweight people.

High on homeless people.

Trainee
In Reply To #73

Ah, so everyone's too poor to overeat? Makes sense.

Trainee
The newer, better Hampshire.

What Country Are You In at the Moment?
Rating:
Topic by: Dracion
Posted: Oct 4, 12 - 6:35 AM
Last Reply: Oct 25, 12 - 12:01 AM
Go to : 
Page:
 Moderators  Permissions  Tools
Moderated by Cyrris You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum