GeekSpy Forums | Gaming Discussion | The Torchlight II Thread Not Really...
 * F.A.Q.  * Memberlist  * Search
The Torchlight II Thread
Rating:
Topic by: Cyrris
Posted: Sep 23, 12 - 6:29 PM
Last Reply: Oct 24, 12 - 1:24 PM
Go to : 
Page:
Author The Torchlight II Thread

Why Did I Do That?
Side note, is it kinda odd that we're having this conversation on the boards even though we've been chatting through Steam at the same time?

He Leg
In Reply To #16

For stuff like this, I make a point of doing it on the boards, as it means others can benefit from the conversation :happy:

Our plotting and scheming, meanwhile, can stay on Steam. :wink:

Why Did I Do That?
Setting up a Saturday Morning/Afternoon TLII event to test out the Steam Group thing. Shooting for about 10:00 AM EST to give at least both US and European players a chance to participate. Maybe we should append to the gaming ID's the times you play.

He Leg
Not sure if I'll be available this weekend yet, bit if I am I will see you on Steam.

I've just finished the game on Veteran, co-op. Annoyingly, the only unique pistol I ever got throughout the whole game was the one after completing the final quest. Jerks.

Gonna try out an Engineer next.

Why Did I Do That?
Oh yeah, the game hates it when you play Outlander. I never got a single unique I could actually use for my Outlander until I beat it. Got plenty for the other classes.

He Leg
I had some other uniques but they were all lame helmets and gloves. I think I only used one helmet for a little while.

We've started the game again and since neither of us wanted to play berserker, we are both engineers. One melee and one hand-cannon.

So far I think the hand cannons are insanely overpowered. I'm not contributing much to our two-man team.

Why Did I Do That?
I really enjoy the Tankineer. Shield Bash does amazing damage once you get the first tier unlocked and get a decent physical armor shield(look for ones that have +Physical Armor and if you can socket said stat to the shield, and enchant it). Just get a very fast attack speed weapon with mana stolen on hit and you're good to go.

He Leg
Well my Tankineer has a unique mace which says it'll augment itself once I kill 25 goblins with it. Looking forward to that.

I had a shotgun earlier with my Outlander that did the same thing after killing 25 dwarves, the upgrades were decent, but I am not a fan of shotguns generally. Especially not after putting all those points into Akimbo.

Why Did I Do That?
Shotguns are nice to have Health/Mana On Hit attributes because you get it for each enemy you hit with a single shot, same thing with cannons. I've literally filled my MP from 0 to full in two hits.

Right now with my ranged Berserker the game's being stingy on giving me new viable weapons. Finally got a shotgun and crossbow that restore HP on it. I'm level 27 on it and I had been using the same weapons since level 8.

Recruit
I've been looking at Torchlight 2 but I'm really unfamilliar with ARPGs. How long does it take to 'finish' a game though, or move on to the next difficulty or whatnot. Is there a lot of repetition in the surroundings or not? I read 4 hours somewhere to finish the main story, which seems awfully short.

He Leg
In a Tu'tara level last night, we noticed some neat world detail.

One of their huts has a crudely drawn cave art from Torchlight, with the Alchemist and one of his robots chasing a bunch of Tu'tara. Cute.

First run through the game we didn't really stop to take much notice of such things.

Just Beat Coyote (off)
@ [GSF] peeps.

I bought the game for co-op and haven't played it yet. Waiting for co-op. I have a 3 day weekend. If people are after a game, please let me know.

He Leg
I am The Ironlord!

Not a bad set to complete.

Why Did I Do That?
realsch wrote:
I've been looking at Torchlight 2 but I'm really unfamilliar with ARPGs. How long does it take to 'finish' a game though, or move on to the next difficulty or whatnot. Is there a lot of repetition in the surroundings or not? I read 4 hours somewhere to finish the main story, which seems awfully short.

How long it takes depends on difficulty. If you play on brain-dead Casual it MIGHT take 4 hours. Playing on normal about 10-12 I'd say. Veteran play throughs around 14-16 depending on character build. Elite...probably 22+ hours.

After you beat the main quest once you can either start again with the world raised to your level(New Game+). Or go to the Mapworks station and play through different maps that usually have some kind of bonus/challenge added like higher gold rate but enemies move faster, things like that.

I believe Legendary items are only available in New Game+, or it's just that the random number generator hates me in the Mapworks.

If anyone wants to play co-op you can find me on Steam. You'll have to also register for a Runic Account and then sync it with Steam if you're using the Steam version. If you just have the Runic/Perfect World version you just need the Runic account. My Runic account is EDamodred.

https://secure.runicgames.com/

There's the link to set up your Runic account. Hope you remember your Steam password as it will ask you to log into Steam to sync.

Won the Internet...
There's a LEver, that I can't reach, when you are in the place to kill the Spectral Dragon, how do I get at it?

The Turtle moves...

The Torchlight II Thread
Rating:
Topic by: Cyrris
Posted: Sep 23, 12 - 6:29 PM
Last Reply: Oct 24, 12 - 1:24 PM
Go to : 
Page:
 Moderators  Permissions  Tools
Moderated by Cyrris You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum