GeekSpy Forums | The Lobby - Misc Discussion | New movies, yay or nay?? Not Really...
 * F.A.Q.  * Memberlist  * Search
New movies, yay or nay??
Rating:
Topic by: Chiquita
Posted: Dec 25, 12 - 4:13 AM
Last Reply: Jan 25, 13 - 7:04 AM
Go to : 
Page:
Author New movies, yay or nay??

Covert Agent
In Reply To #13

There's an older musical version that is really good.

Just Beat Coyote (off)
I'll need a good tablet in the next 3-4 months to watch movies during my night shifts, because the dry season in the Northern Territory can get really boring - no clouds, ever, for over 6 months of the year and naturally zero rain or any sort of weather as well to forecast for.

Any suggestions? I was thinking a Sony or an ASUS. Am not thinking Apple, period.
Would also be wanting to use it to read ebooks as well.

Trainee
In Reply To #17

If you're watching movies on your job, are you really doing your job? Sounds pretty sweet.

Just Beat Coyote (off)
In Reply To #18

All my work is done tonight, well...almost. All I need to do now is weather watch and there's nothing and nothing expected in my area till later today when I'll be ZZzzz'ing. We have plenty of busy times, now just isn't one of them, nor is the dry season (usually).

Playing Sim City 2 now.

Trainee
Akimbojoe wrote:
Ice-Tea wrote:
Whatever you do , don't go to Jack reacher. Baby kittenswill die.

Dude, it's a Tom Cruise movie called "Jack Reacher"... what part of that sounded awesome?

The Jack Reacher part. It's the Tom Cruise part that's soul sucking sad.

Low Level Operative
Loved The Hobbit. I also saw Wreck-It Ralph, which was good fun. Both highly recommended.

Covert Agent
In Reply To #21

Oh yeah, we saw Wreck-it Ralph back in November. I didn't enjoy it, not because of the movie, I'd like to see it again but because I was in a lot of pain and spent the whole next day in the hospital (everything was okay).

Paleo Wannabe
Watched Cloud Atlas last night. Really liked it.

I may go today again, it's going to be either The Hobbit, Life of Pi or maybe even Rise of the Guardians. The wife wants to see Jack Reacher.

Covert Agent
I saw Skyfall twice (I'd see it again). I have a soft spot (make that a hard spot) for the new Bond.

The Hobbit felt just like reading the book as a kid, rich colorful fantasy-land that was tangential to reveal the world it existed in, always almost too much but never too too much.

I also saw Django last weekend. Tarantino does <everything>sploitation films really well. Very much in the vein of Inglorious Bastards. A lot of current 'action/adventure' movies go for such complex and rounded characters that it makes everyone's motivations make sense in their own heads. It is great to just sit back and watch the good guy kill all the bad guys, and then keep killing them. D'artanian mother fuckers!

Just Beat Coyote (off)
Can anyone tell me (minor rant inc.) why on God's Wrath (tm) did M not tell the old dude to turn the frigg'n torch off!

Super spy lady, in head of the British Secret Service with years of experience somehow thinks that running away from bad people, in the dark, with a torch, in an open area is a good idea? Riddle me that Riddler.

Just Beat Coyote (off)
Goon. Watch it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itXRNxErUwM

Paleo Wannabe
In Reply To #25

He had to keep it on. How would the bad guy find them otherwise.

Adding:

Watched Jack Reacher yesterday... was it supposed to be funny or was it just that bad?

The Man With The Golden LOLDONG
Going to see Zero Dark Thirty because I like Kathryn Bigelow and probably Mama for exactly NO reason other than it says, "Presented by Guillermo del Toro" and I will see anything with his name on.

Trainee
Gazhel wrote:
Can anyone tell me (minor rant inc.) why on God's Wrath (tm) did M not tell the old dude to turn the frigg'n torch off!

Super spy lady, in head of the British Secret Service with years of experience somehow thinks that running away from bad people, in the dark, with a torch, in an open area is a good idea? Riddle me that Riddler.

Had the exact same reaction. The house is burning like a torch, plenty of light. In addition to "just a thought, instead of attacking in two waves, wait for 10 minuts for the other guys to arrive".

Covert Agent
In Reply To #25
It did seem silly, however, she was shot and shit was crazy.

Beyond that, the whole coloring of those end scenes was incredible. The burning house and long stretches of land... its hard to make prairie exciting, but it was pretty great. It reminded me of tromping through fields at the outskirts of bonfires back when I lived in PA. That singular source of orange light really puts a different skew on things.

New movies, yay or nay??
Rating:
Topic by: Chiquita
Posted: Dec 25, 12 - 4:13 AM
Last Reply: Jan 25, 13 - 7:04 AM
Go to : 
Page:
 Moderators  Permissions  Tools
Moderated by Cyrris You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum