GeekSpy Forums | Gaming Discussion | To get the ball rolling, what are you playing right now? Not Really...
 * F.A.Q.  * Memberlist  * Search
To get the ball rolling, what are you playing right now?
Rating:
Topic by: CoyoteExile
Posted: Sep 21, 12 - 7:02 PM
Last Reply: May 30, 14 - 11:38 PM
Go to : 
Page:
Author To get the ball rolling, what are you playing right now?

The Man With The Golden LOLDONG
I'm doing a run of Bioshock while I'm waiting for Assassin's Creed III to drop. Why have I never played Bioshock before now?

He Leg
I have been playing quite a lot of Tribes: Ascend lately. It's enjoyable but just how much depends a lot on what server you end up on. I'm also not ponying up any cash for in-game purchases at all, so my new guns are all from hard work.

I'm downloading Torchlight II right now, since I pre-ordered it, and will likely start playing this weekend. I enjoyed the first one, but was bummed about the lack of co-op like everyone else. Now that isn't an issue, I expect this one will rock. For the time being I'm still avoiding Diablo 3. It sounds like they will be another few years before they have that game smoothed over.

Recruit
Eve Online, Team Fortress 2, Bad Company 2 and UT2004

I enjoyed Torchlight even though I'm not a big fan of the endless dungeon crawl. I'm that one guy who didn't love Diablo and not just because it made my arm ache from fingertip to elbow from all the clicking. Does Torchlight 2 have co-op? I can get down doing a run with Taco.

He Leg
It has full multiplayer yeah, and it's set in more than just the one mine so it might be a little more varied for you.

However, it is an unashamed Diablo/II-style game, so if that's not your thing, there's only going to be so much fun you can have.

Trainee
As always
World of Warcraft:Got 6 85s who are mad ready for the Mists to lift and to go fuck people up with Pandamen.

Starcraft 2: just got the beta invite today.

On iOS
Run Roo Run--This game is really addictive, it's a simple platformer where all you control is when the character starts running and when he jumps but it's really shockingly good.

He Leg
In Reply To #6

Do let me know how Heart of the Swarm goes. I didn't enjoy anything other than the singleplayer campaign of Wings of Liberty. StarCraft II felt to me like it pandered too much to the leagues. You know, where the money is... like in auction houses...

I better stop before I get into a full blown Blizzard rant.

Covert Agent
Gah! I can't believe Black Mesa Source has been out for days and I didn't know. That is what I will be playing soon... sometime soon.

This month is like a nostalgia-sausage. First CS:GO, Black Mesa, now I'm seeing "In reply to #" in my browser, madness.

My game playing is pretty sad lately. Has been for a year+. However, I recently have been enjoying Endless Space in the evenings. What that really means though is I try and play it in bed on my MacBook Air, get about 2 turns done and fall asleep, wake up an hour later and close the thing and go to sleep. It is really helping my steam rating though.

Trainee
In Reply To #8
Oh yeah I played the setup Bootcamp game earlier this week to play Black Mesa.

Did you like HL and want essentially that but prettier with some minor changes? Yeah then I gather you'd like it.

Some heathens I won't mention (Cyrris) never played HL. He's a heathen, in case I hadn't mentioned that.

Covert Agent
In Reply To #10
Damn I forgot all about Cyrris' lack of a proper education.

IRT Vermy
Yeah I just want prettier Half-Life to be honest. I loved that perspective of a science lab gone awry and it hits some deep touchstones way back to my youth.

I want to install it now, but I'm off to Friday night chaos soon.

Unimaginative Pseudonym
CoyoteExile wrote:
Some heathens I won't mention (Cyrris) never played HL. He's a heathen, in case I hadn't mentioned that.

I can't believe I've known him for a DECADE and yet somehow he has carefully managed to avoiding letting me know about that secret shame of his.

(which reminds me, I really should play HL2 beyond the 'watching Dr whatsit talking on the TV right at the beginning' part)

Ludo Ergo Sum

Unimaginative Pseudonym wrote:
HL2

God damn Striders...

Now I have to play it again to kill those things even more.

Covert Agent
Ssssshhhhhh, I never played HL either. My and FPS's don't get along.

I really don't play anything anymore. I'm too busy trying to give the children of this state a college education. I quite WoW after 7 years. I played TOR for a while, but lost interest with the endgame. Plan to go back when it hits free-to-play

But somewhere, back in my mind, my Dwarf Fortress addiction is always nibbling away...nibbling away....

Covert Agent
Im on a train, drinking wine and playing endless space while posting via an iPhone. I've never even thought of smart phones while old gsf was going.

And for Cyrris, it looks fine on the small screen. Text areas are a little slow. Could use a mobile version so no zooming. I expect it tomorrow

To get the ball rolling, what are you playing right now?
Rating:
Topic by: CoyoteExile
Posted: Sep 21, 12 - 7:02 PM
Last Reply: May 30, 14 - 11:38 PM
Go to : 
Page:
 Moderators  Permissions  Tools
Moderated by Cyrris You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

© 2012-2023 GeekSpy Forums.