GeekSpy Forums | Gaming Discussion | To get the ball rolling, what are you playing right now? Not Really...
 * F.A.Q.  * Memberlist  * Search
To get the ball rolling, what are you playing right now?
Rating:
Topic by: CoyoteExile
Posted: Sep 21, 12 - 7:02 PM
Last Reply: May 30, 14 - 11:38 PM
Go to : 
Page:
Author To get the ball rolling, what are you playing right now?

Covert Agent
Goddamn Fallout New Vegas with its goddamn west US setting and the goddamn geckos and the goddamn tribals and the goddamn Vault 13 flask.

Just started playing last night but I still say going back to this area of the country was a mistake.

But they do achieve that Fallout-y feel of "OH GOD WHAT IS THAT I'M GOING TO DIE CRAAAAAAAP" feel.

The Man With The Golden LOLDONG
Soylent Dave wrote:

(haven't killed any redcoats yet, but I've bayoneted some bally colonials and I managed not to shout "TRAITOR" and stab Ben Franklin when I met him...)

Fucking gold.

Unimaginative Pseudonym
Getting a bit sick / annoyed with taking down Union Flags and replacing them with US flags now.

Just once, once, I'd like to do it the other way around.

And by 'once' I mean "My urge to play Empire: Total War and curbstomp the living shit out of the Thirteen Colonies & imprint the proper flag across the entire fucking New World is growing by the second"

(other than that, game is a massive improvement over Revelations. Even though it's still basically the same, they've smoothed out a lot of the 'fuck annoying' bits. And also FINALLY Ezio has fucked off forever.

Still keeps reminding me of Red Dead Redemption. Not sure if it's the US setting or the hunting. Or both. It's a good reminder anyway. I like RDR.)

Ludo Ergo Sum

Low Level Operative
Just finished Max Payne 3 yesterday. Good game. Better than I expected, especially considering the change of scenery from a cold and dark New York to a hot and sunny São Paolo.

It was a daring move, but I feel they pulled it off.

Now I started L.A. Noire. Can't say much about it yet, except that they nailed the facial animations. Impressive stuff.

Covert Agent
Exclusively Civ V on the train to work and back every day (new job). Russia be stompin' this archipelago.

He Leg
A new patch and some DLC came out for Sins: Rebellion yesterday so I gave it another whirl. Didn't get the DLC as $5 for a few new planets isn't something I care much for.

The new patch doesn't seem to fix the "Vasari always wins" issue, despite having a ton of balance changes. I thought that odd.

Covert Agent
My impressions of Fallout: New Vegas

"Man, this is boring, I wish I had some quests."

Get to Vegas

"TOO MANY QUESTS!"

Also, too many main storyline quest options. I don't know who to work for!

Unimaginative Pseudonym
In Reply To #322

I really, really, really can't get into New Vegas.

I've tried a few times, and just... nope.

I fucking loved Fallout 3, absolutely played it to death. I don't know if that wore me out, or if the fact that I played New Vegas just after release when it was bugged to fuckery...

but it sits there on my shelf, taunting me. I should love it. But I think that maybe I don't.

(then again, I thought Oblivion was 'meh', but Skyrim was ace, so maybe I'm just a bit of a knobend.)

Ludo Ergo Sum

Covert Agent
Been playing Human Revolution trying to get the Pacifist achievement. Had to replay 2 hours after finding that someone I had knocked out was suddenly dead. I don't get why or how, but he was. So I had to redo it. I was mostly goofing off running weapons back and forth from where I had knocked someone out to one of the two arms dealers in the Detroit level, and alot of hacking terminals.

Covert Agent
In Reply To #323

I don't think it is organized well. I'm pretty pleased with how they did the setting, but I've got so many quests from the Strip and Freeside that I'm paralyzed. I don't know what I can do without screwing up other stuff. And despite what Obsidian wants, I won't do multiple playthroughs.

Covert Agent
I beat Human Revolution for the Pacifist achievement, with 17 unused Praxis, 70 Nuke antivirus, 70 Stop worms, around $50,000, saving Farida...

I have no idea what to play now...

Soylent Dave wrote:
In Reply To #322

I really, really, really can't get into New Vegas.

I've tried a few times, and just... nope.

I fucking loved Fallout 3, absolutely played it to death. I don't know if that wore me out, or if the fact that I played New Vegas just after release when it was bugged to fuckery...

but it sits there on my shelf, taunting me. I should love it. But I think that maybe I don't.

I feel like you took these words straight out of my brain. Fallout 3 was amazing so I got New Vegas expecting more of the same. Not even a little bit.

First, it was SO buggy that almost every time I played it would freeze up or crash. It also didn't feel like a Fallout game. You have to take a perk to add the Fallout feel? Bullshit. Even after I took it, it didn't get a lot better. Other than the Old World Blues expansion, I rarely felt like I was playing Fallout.

IRT fett

The multiple options for quests things does get a bit much. I don't mind multiple options usually. If a game is great it gives you even more reason to play it again. But this felt like it could have and should have been planned and plotted better. I knew I would never play it again so I got to a certain point nearer the end and played all the variations from there instead of replaying the whole game.

To sum up, New Vegas was a huge let down.

Unimaginative Pseudonym
CoyoteExile wrote:
Other than the Old World Blues expansion, I rarely felt like I was playing Fallout.

Speaking of thought-stealing - take a guess at which bit of New Vegas I played all the way through and enjoyed?

Ludo Ergo Sum

In Reply To #328

Clearly you have your head on straight.

Covert Agent
I think I am only playing Minecraft and Human Revolution until Watch Dogs comes out later this year. I'm just not in the mood for anything else right now.

To get the ball rolling, what are you playing right now?
Rating:
Topic by: CoyoteExile
Posted: Sep 21, 12 - 7:02 PM
Last Reply: May 30, 14 - 11:38 PM
Go to : 
Page:
 Moderators  Permissions  Tools
Moderated by Cyrris You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

© 2012-2023 GeekSpy Forums.