GeekSpy Forums | The Lobby - Misc Discussion | Shameless Self-Pimping Of RivalCast Media Not Really...
 * F.A.Q.  * Memberlist  * Search
Shameless Self-Pimping Of RivalCast Media
Rating:
Topic by: Edge Damodred
Posted: May 6, 13 - 7:29 PM
Last Reply: Jun 22, 13 - 3:40 PM
Go to : 
Page: 1
Author Shameless Self-Pimping Of RivalCast Media

Why Did I Do That?
<whoreout>

So for the last several months I've been working with a team to create a livestreaming/podcast/videocast/new media/whatever you want to call it network.

This project was born out of the disgust of another network from its lead show hosts. Basically the upper management staff didn't care one whit about what was going on with the network and were supposedly under the thumb of another far far less popular show host on the network. So the lead show had had enough of that crap and took the plunge to create their own network with a community focus, meaning that either the show hosts communicate in some way with their audience during the show, or they host events for community members to participate in.

So with very little money, but a lot of time and willingness to learn comes RivalCast Media!

On this site I serve has lead Graphic Designer, show host of the about to launch Trial & Error as well as organizer of the weekly event Free To Invade Fridays!

If you're looking for a new community to hang out with, just want some new shows to listen to or watch, or just want to hear some great video game music, I encourage you to check out the site.

To further our content we are also looking for article writers, focused on video games, technology and general internet culture. If you wish to write for us or even have a show you'd like to have put on the, email us at [email protected] or [email protected] and send us some samples of your work.

If you have a concept for a show but not quite sure how to get it off the ground we have several staff members who have years of experience in what kind of equipment and software to use, best practices and common mistakes to avoid. We're more than willing to share this information with you. For more information you can contact me at [email protected]

Note that right now this is all strictly volunteer, I don't even get paid in any way for this and I've put in quite a bit of time into the site already.

</whoreout>

I will say in all seriousness if I didn't feel the quality of this was worth your attention I would not post this here. Those that know/knew me back in the 3DAP days can vouch for that.

Paleo Wannabe
This sounds good. I'll check it out and think about how to pitch in.

Why Did I Do That?
My show, Trial & Error, Episode 1 is now up on YouTube!

This show airs live on Twitch.tv, Thursdays at 6:00PM EST until 8:30PM EST.

Warning: Mature Audience Only

Today the guys see the intro for the first time, we go over the show concept and introduce the Trials & Triviations segment! Lilrex, for all his fantasies doesn't know what Barbie's measurements would be in real life! Edge learns that tilde(`) sucks for a voice chat key when going between 7 different windows. Biomed says "screw the government, I'm going to play Torchlight II". And Shriggs decides dinner is more important than his comrades fighting the endless hordes of mobs!

And we all learn that the Derinkuyu Dungeon likes to repopulate like rabbits when you're not there!

You can find the unused Trials & Triviations questions here. Answers will be posted after our Free To Invade Friday! Event.

Note:I'll actually be removing the upper left overlay graphics for the next episode since we now have the intro. We didn't have that intro until literally 10 minutes before air time(which is what those graphics were for).

Why Did I Do That?
Slight change to the schedule. Trial & Error will now air from 7:00PM EST until 8:00PM EST. We felt that 2 1/2 hours was a bit too long for our show at this time. However we will be extending the number of episodes per season/game to 15.

As always you can catch the episode on our YouTube page but we do like to chat with our audience during the live shows.

He Leg
Having comfortably lived under my enormous rock for a long time now, I've never seen this sort of thing before. Can't say I know who your old network was, but if they're jerks, then I hope you steal all their audience in due course.

Also, since I don't have any books under this rock of mine, I've also just discovered how to pronounce "Damodred" correctly.

Why Did I Do That?
Episode 2, The Tag Team Match is now available on YouTube!

This week Lilrex eats the ground for about 20 minutes, Edge learns tankineer isn't quite a match for Synergies, Biomed meets "Kermit The Frog" and Shriggs learns there's a lot of B-Movies that need to be made.

Everyone gets their rear ends handed to them by a father and son duo.

Once again the unused Trivia Question can be found here. This week my co-hosts surprisingly decided to actually pick the more difficult questions, given how much they whined about the ones on the prior episode. The answers will be revealed after tonight's(May 17th) Free To Invade Friday event. Hellgate of all things got chosen this week!

And as always you can check out our live shows Thursdays 6PM EST on Twitch.tv.

Why Did I Do That?
Episode 3, The Wall of Mobs is now available on YouTube!

Lilrex just can't get turned on by goat in a sweater. Edge needs his hand held because he couldn't figure out how to get mini-map to come back to him. Bio plays from an old rocking chair with a glass of lemonade and experiences hearing loss. Shriggs ninja vanishes from the episode but couldn't escape trivial deaths.

The party faces off against The Wall of Mobs!

Check out the show live on Twitch TV, Thursdays at 7:00PM EST.

You can find the unused Trivia Questions here. My co-hosts are starting to get cocky and have left you all the easy questions, time to ramp up the difficulty and scare them back into submission :P.

The answers will be revealed after tonight's Free To Invade Friday event.

And as always you can check out our live shows Thursdays 7PM EST on Twitch.tv.

Note:We'll be looking for viewers to join us on various episodes down the road. If you're interested, contact me at [email protected]. Please have a quality mic and a playing environment empty of ambient sounds.

Why Did I Do That?
Episode 4, The Plugging Of The Fake Dictionary is now available on YouTube

Lilrex faces his fear of trivia again and unleashes Funkadactyls upon us. Edge recovers both his mini-map and from his previously bad week. Filling in for BiomedAlchemist this week, Darahas, who decided to wear out the sad trombone drop-in to the point where it threatened to quit the show. And Shriggs decides the English language needs a few more words.

We all join in Shriggs' effort to "enhance" the English language while trying to find ways to fill our contractual obligation of plugging other shows on RivalCast Media.

No trivia questions for you all this week as we managed to use all three difficulties...might have to add a fourth difficulty with if use that format later.

Note:We'll be looking for viewers to join us on various episodes down the road. If you're interested, contact me at [email protected]. Please have a quality mic and a playing environment empty of ambient sounds.

Why Did I Do That?
Episode 5: The Great Desert Chat Channel Mirage is now available on YouTube

Lilrex stalks a beauty pagent while 'at a conference'. Edge 'gives' Lilrex some trivia help. Biomed freaks people out at an airport with hysterical laughter. And Shriggs thinks it rains basketballs in Alaska.

The whole party eventually comes to the conclusion that they are wandering the desert aimlessly but take comfort in the constant kicking of Darahas from the channel.

(1:53) Free To Invade Show Audience Competition Announcement
(1:08:11)Trials & Triviations

You can find the remaining trivia questions (category: U.S. History) here.

Note: This week's video actually comes from Lilrex's view. We are trying to see how it goes having the live show from one person's point of view to our YouTube video from another person's view...that and I screwed up the encoding on my end. Thankfully Lilrex recorded his version for me to salvage. Sadly you won't see an active death count but the final death count is tallied after Trials & Triviations. One of these days we'll get it completely right...and then the series will be over :P.

Note: We'll be looking for viewers to join us on various episodes down the road. If you're interested, contact me at [email protected]. Please have a quality mic and a playing environment empty of ambient sounds.

Why Did I Do That?
Episode 6: Season 2 Terraria Preview is now available here.

Warning: Mature Audiences Only

This week Lilrex and Edge give you a preview of Season 2 of Trial & Error featuring Terraria. Lilrex fails in his attempt to fend off deadly boulders while Edge must conquer his fear of sand heights.

If you have a suggestion for Terraria mods you would like to see featured, email me a link([email protected]) and we will take a look. Right now we are leaning towards tConfig based mods as that seems to be where all the creative wackiness is happening in the Terraria mod scene.

Why Did I Do That?
Just started a second series focusing on Neverwinter, specifically using the Foundry to create quests. The first 2 episodes are available for viewing on YouTube.

The RivalCast Workshop Episode 1

Edge, Varyar and Lilrex delve into the Neverwinter Foundry, attempting to learn its secrets to tell their tale of friendship, betrayal and adventure and all that good stuff.

In this episode we go over the core sections of the foundry and put together a basic quest line to bring everyone up to speed on what is possible within the tool set. We also briefly go over the concept of the first act of our eventual campaign within the game Neverwinter.

The RivalCast Workshop Episode 2.

Warning: Mature Audience(language: mild frequency)

In this episode we begin to create our Neverwinter Foundry quest. Here we introduce your meeting with Varyar whom you save from a tavern brawl. Impressed with your skill he offers you a position in his caper.

In Foundry related stuff we go over how to set up multiple encounters and have them tied to completing a quest objective as well as demonstrating dialogue routing, allowing you to link multiple responses to the same node.

You can watch us live Wednesdays at 6:00 PM EST on Twitch.tv.

Shameless Self-Pimping Of RivalCast Media
Rating:
Topic by: Edge Damodred
Posted: May 6, 13 - 7:29 PM
Last Reply: Jun 22, 13 - 3:40 PM
Go to : 
Page: 1
 Moderators  Permissions  Tools
Moderated by Cyrris You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum