GeekSpy Forums | Gaming Discussion | The Torchlight II Thread Not Really...
 * F.A.Q.  * Memberlist  * Search
The Torchlight II Thread
Rating:
Topic by: Cyrris
Posted: Sep 23, 12 - 6:29 PM
Last Reply: Oct 24, 12 - 1:24 PM
Go to : 
Page:
Author The Torchlight II Thread

Why Did I Do That?
Look for anything that has a small sparkle on it, it's usually a switch to a secret room. The levels are semi-randomized so I can't say exactly how to get to what you're talking about.

Won the Internet...
Edge Damodred wrote:
Look for anything that has a small sparkle on it, it's usually a switch to a secret room. The levels are semi-randomized so I can't say exactly how to get to what you're talking about.

After the Sundered Battlefield.

I found a loose flagstone in lvl 2, so I went back, but nothing like that. It bugged me enough I stopped playing for the night...

The Turtle moves...

Why Did I Do That?
I wouldn't really worry too much about it as the game's more focused on making things explode instead of solving puzzles/looking for secrets.

Won the Internet...
Edge Damodred wrote:
I wouldn't really worry too much about it as the game's more focused on making things explode instead of solving puzzles/looking for secrets.

BUT IT'S A LEVER!!!

The Turtle moves...

Won the Internet...
Edge Damodred wrote:

Found the flagstone, pressed down the flagstone, pulled the lever...was disappointed...

:sad:

The Turtle moves...

Why Did I Do That?
In Reply To #35

*MEGA SAD FACE*

Well, back to the mass murdering of mobs for shinies.

Won the Internet...
Edge Damodred wrote:
In Reply To #35

*MEGA SAD FACE*

Well, back to the mass murdering of mobs for shinies.

Yup. Although where the fuck are all the Embermage legendaries?

All I get is legendaries for every other class...

The Turtle moves...

Why Did I Do That?
In Reply To #37

Welcome to Torchlight II...where we'll give you shinies that you can't use.

He Leg
Well, finishing the game on veteran as a Tankineer was a lot easier than as an Outlander. I only died twice, instead of more than a dozen times.

I traded up my Ironlord set for the Dwarfking set. I now apparently have 100% chance to burn enemies for 5 seconds, but I am unsure exactly what this means in terms of damage done.

Why Did I Do That?
In Reply To #39

You're really not going to see much on regular mobs as their life span gets really short the moment you start attacking. On the bosses you may get them down quicker however.

He Leg
In Reply To #40

But what does it do? Does it do 100% of my fire damage of those 5 seconds, or some other percentage? If I do no fire damage, does it do nothing?

With Coup de Grace, indeed, most enemies don't last very long, but that skill is useless on bosses.

Why Did I Do That?
In Reply To #41

If you set someone on fire it does your fire damage each second for however many seconds the fire is supposed to last.

If you have 50 fire damage(you can check in the Arcane Journal by hitting conveniently enough J) and you set someone on fire for 5 seconds, you will do 250 damage to them. If you do no fire damage...you hickory cure them for the duration instead.

EDIT: And BAM! Covert Agent byatches!...still trailing in post count behind Pseudo, Cyrris, and SpamyoteExile.

He Leg
In Reply To #42

OK, that's pretty cool. My current mace has 100% chance to burn for 5 seconds, I might see if I can add to my fire damage in some other ways.

Why Did I Do That?
In Reply To #43

It's nice to have...but if anything other than a boss or a champion mob lives for more than 5 seconds you're doing it wrong...unless you're playing Elite where the regular enemies take as many hits as Veteran boss fights early on.

Won the Internet...
Edge Damodred wrote:
In Reply To #37

Welcome to Torchlight II...where we'll give you shinies that you can't use.

Yea...

I end up giving the shinies to my friends when we play multiplayer...although saying that I actually got some Embermage pants yesterday, I was shocked and amazed...

The Turtle moves...

The Torchlight II Thread
Rating:
Topic by: Cyrris
Posted: Sep 23, 12 - 6:29 PM
Last Reply: Oct 24, 12 - 1:24 PM
Go to : 
Page:
 Moderators  Permissions  Tools
Moderated by Cyrris You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum