GeekSpy Forums | Gaming Discussion | The Pinball Arcade (360 PS3 Vita iOS Android + more soon) Not Really...
 * F.A.Q.  * Memberlist  * Search
The Pinball Arcade (360 PS3 Vita iOS Android + more soon)
Rating:
Topic by: [3dap]Dr_Foxy
Posted: Oct 1, 12 - 2:15 AM
Last Reply: Oct 9, 12 - 6:37 AM
Go to : 
Page: 1
Author The Pinball Arcade (360 PS3 Vita iOS Android + more soon)

Recruit
The pinball arcade is (dur) a pinball game from FarSight Studios (who have made a load of crap games, but a bunch of good pinball titles like the Pinball Hall of Fame titles). It's purpose is to recreate as closely as possible classic physical tables from the likes of Williams, Bally, Stern, Gottleib and Data East. They physically simulate the tables and emulate the logic within them, to run the real ROMS, so you get authentic sounds, rules, music and all of that.

The core game features 4 tables, and there is a bunch of dlc available. Exactly what is available on any platform varies. FarSight do not have the best QA, so their patches and tables often fail certification, so you'll see a table pack show up on PS3 or 360 but not the other, but oh wait, it's kind of broken so we pulled it, yada yada yada.

The key thing is that once they get things working (and so far after a patch or two they've always squared things away) it's a really authentic and fun experience. The graphics have continually improved since launch, and the growing number of tables means that theres a lot of variety.

Many of the all time classics are in the pipeline too. You can thank muggins like me for helping Kickstart the licensing rights to The Twilight Zone and Star Trek: The Next Generation. Invaders from Mars is promised.

It's a great game that maybe some of you already have on your smart phones. If you've got a vita and PS3 the game and DLC is all buy once get on both, so that's cool. Aside from the 360 version which has its own leaderboards, all the others share the same leaderboards (although the best players seem to be on 360, so if you're looking for high score competition that's probably the way to head even though it's a couple of tables behind the PS3 version at the moment, sometimes the 360 version gets tables first, it's a crap shoot).

Be warned though, FarSight will patch, and those patches will probably break things for a while. I have the 360 and PS3 versions so I can keep playing when they update one of the versions and screw it up.

Ultimately I will be getting the Wii U version I think, as rumours have it that certification on Wii U is going to be much quicker, so those tables and patches should throw a lot more freely, and being able to play it 'off screen' around the house is going to be a great feature.

So, I'm 'plagiarize' on 360 and 'plagiar1ze' on PS3, so why not friend me up and play some classic tables.

Pinball. You know, for kids!

ps. fun pinball fact. most of the US banned pinball for four decades because they thought it was gambling. Meanwhile the American companies that made pinball tables continued to dominate the market by being the hottest ticket in Europe. America. lol.

Paleo Wannabe
Nice price tag for the iOS version. Individual tables are bit higher, but still not so much.

Recruit
Cookiejesus wrote:
Nice price tag for the iOS version. Individual tables are bit higher, but still not so much.

Every month on the iOS version they do one table for free with add support. They change the table each month, so that's kind of cool.

The Man With The Golden LOLDONG
Man, I miss pinball games. I was never really great at pinball in general but it's fun as hell.

Covert Agent
We play the pinball games. Had the demo on our phones but didn't want to pay since we play them on XBLA. I'm not as addicted to them as Sunny Muffin's but they are fun.

The Pinball Arcade (360 PS3 Vita iOS Android + more soon)
Rating:
Topic by: [3dap]Dr_Foxy
Posted: Oct 1, 12 - 2:15 AM
Last Reply: Oct 9, 12 - 6:37 AM
Go to : 
Page: 1
 Moderators  Permissions  Tools
Moderated by Cyrris You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

© 2012-2023 GeekSpy Forums.